NOT MINE Not Mine 1965 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country - $12,000 - Hillsboro, Ore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
This car is not mine, just found it on CL and am posting it here…
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 12 hours old.

1965 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country - $12,000 - Hillsboro, Oregon

CL Description

1965 Chrysler New Yorker town & country. Engine is a 413 with a 727 transmission. Car is currently one of my daily drivers.
All the windows/ lights/ wiper/ heat/ radio and rear hatch work.
New tires on 15” steel wheels
Street demon 750 carb
New battery
12,000 obo
New Yorker3.jpg
New Yorker6.jpg
New Yorker4.jpg
New Yorker7.jpg
New Yorker8.jpg
New Yorker11.jpg
New Yorker2.jpg
New Yorker12.jpg
New Yorker10.jpg
New Yorker5.jpg

White with red sure is attractive...…….strange to see one without luggage rack, hadn't seen the vinyl roof (insert, whatever) before, either...…

Looks good in all the right places, lower body, fender skirts and the tailgate. A NYer T&C without A/C and a six passenger model; may have been at the lower end of the price range, but they did pony up for the radio.
Question, I thought the "style" of the 2nd row of seats mirror the front, but in this car, the styles look completely different. One of my favorite things about mid-60 Mopar's are the thin, licorice rope like plastic steering wheels.

A few bucks on carpet, replace some of the thread bare windlass, re-did the front seat material and vinyl roof, you will have an A+ wagon. Heck, I would take it now as is to a car show.

No comments /notes regarding the mileage. Is $9 / $10K reasonable with the work in the photos plus the un-see items (shocks, front end rubber, ect..)

Looks good in all the right places, lower body, fender skirts and the tailgate. A NYer T&C without A/C and a six passenger model; may have been at the lower end of the price range, but they did pony up for the radio.
Question, I thought the "style" of the 2nd row of seats mirror the front, but in this car, the styles look completely different. One of my favorite things about mid-60 Mopar's are the thin, licorice rope like plastic steering wheels.

A few bucks on carpet, replace some of the thread bare windlass, re-did the front seat material and vinyl roof, you will have an A+ wagon. Heck, I would take it now as is to a car show.

No comments /notes regarding the mileage. Is $9 / $10K reasonable with the work in the photos plus the un-see items (shocks, front end rubber, ect..)

The rear seats look correct, not sure about the front, you're right - a little carpet, windlass, and vinyl work will improve it a LOT, not bad as it is...…… most wagons had bench seats up front, but this one seems to have buckets.

Check this link out with photos of a 65 T& C nine seater. The front seats are in cloth, but the far rear jump seat is the tufted "leather". Purchase used 1965 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country Wagon - they're only original once! in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States Can you add a rearward facing seat to a 6 passenger wagon?

Again, this being a low option car (no power windows, A/C, roof rack) it may have been at the end of the run and the assembly line gave them a nice upgrade or someone swapped out the 2nd seat.
Never noticed the vinyl roofs on these wagons. I always though they were just flat steel, really unique.

the front seats have been recovered in the white one and the front & rears have been recovered in the blue.
the only cloth & vinyl choice you had in the wagons were white vinyl with black cloth inserts.
the vinyl red back seat and vinyl blue 3rd row seat look original.
buckets were an option.
of course you can add a 3rd row seat if you want. and then you wind up with a 3 row 8 passenger wagon. not a 9.
i wouldnt bother going to the expense & time putting a 3rd row in, i think you'd be better off spending the $ on replacing the vinyl roof panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back