SOLD Not Mine 1969 Plymouth Fury III 2dr Hardtop - $8,500 - Oneals, Calif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on your purchase, looks like a good deal on a pretty and clean car.
I'm looking forward to seeing better pictures and your progress on this car.

obviously a Sport. Many times the sites don't offer a Sport Fury option OR so many don't know the difference.

Could you get a console in a III?

Concur It obviously is a SF.

Also as you suggest, the person listing the car said he couldn’t select the correct name, but he said it badly, in the ad as well.

Just an update on the vehicle for sale. I friend of mine ended up buying it (I wasn't even aware he was considering it) and the car is an original black/yellow California plate car. It sounds like the seller is an older gentleman who may have bought the car originally and his daughter was doing the listing for him, which explains the facebook listing issues..........

Also in looking at my Sport Fury today, I realized that the stripes on my car are vinyl tape, which initially made me think maybe mine were not original but in looking at the very helpful information that @shooter65 posted regarding the details on stripes etc above, I read that pin stripes were painted on 69 Plymouths with one exception - on the Sport Furys they were vinyl tape! Live and learn...............

That also might explain the paint of the car for sale looking like original paint - the vinyl tape probably deteriorated and so the owner had them redone in paint, albeit incorrectly. The vinyl tape stripes on my car are pretty deteriorated as well..........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back