NOT MINE Not Mine 1970 Plymouth Fury lll convertible - $6,500 - Green Bay, Wis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
This car is not mine, just found it on FB and am posting it here…
At the time of posting, this FB listing is 5 days old.

This has been for sale for a while…I don’t recall it being posted here tho…

1970 Plymouth Fury lll convertible - $6,500 - Green Bay, Wisconsin

FB Description
1970 Plymouth Fury lll convertible. Plymouth only made about 1900 of these in 1970.. 318 engine and 904 tans. Swapped out from a 2 barrel to a 4. Still have the 2 barrel carb and intake. Just put on new 2 1/2 exhaust with Thrush double chamber muffler. Newer BFG's. 235 70 15 and 235 60 15. Soda blasted and primed in black ready for body work. Small dent in driver side quarter and by door handle. Interior needs complete redoing original dark green on light green. Top works and car starts and drives. Had the breaks gone threw by a local shop. Trunk, floor boards, and under car extremely soiled. Rims are date code 1970s mopar rally rims. Its got the cool GT hide away head lights. Headlights need to be hooked up and needs motor to make them work. Car was sitting for 30 years. 85000 miles. This is a project!!. Color was EF8 which i plan on going back to. I already did Door jams and inside paint original color.. I have original build sheet. AC Car! I also have a 1970 383 motor, 727 trans, with rear end out of a 1970 Fury that I will sell with the car for an additional 1000. Extra hood, bumpers, and mics parts. I put a GT hood on it now that has 383 badges and directionals. I am continuing to work on this so price will go up as i do more. I will not answer low ball offers. Must have cash in hand or we can meet at the bank. $6500.00 obo. Clean title. Will not ship. Pick up only. Located in Howard Wis/west Green Bay Wis. Thank you.

1970 Plymouth Fury8.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury7.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury4.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury2.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury9.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury5.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury6.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury3.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury1.jpg
1970 Plymouth Fury10.jpg

Oh boy... it looks like a whole bunch of 'undo' labor time is involved in this one.

and

"I put a GT hood on it now that has 383 badges and directionals." A power bulge hood badge'd as 383 don't make it a GT hood, all GT's were 440's right?
Now if it had the original GT decals on the hood that would make it a GT hood IMHO. (same for the headlights) I don't buy into the GT sale talking up points.

@T-revorNobody asked me whether I'd seen the car before, and so I went to look for it in my records.

I believe I may have found it: same state, same 318 engine, same original EF8 paint, same unboosted brakes. That in itself is not enough to match cars, but for me the incorrect, torn-fabric front seats are the key.

In short, I submit that we've seen this 'vert before and it is PM27G0D143959 -- here she is last January, prior to having her interior spray-painted in "glossy" (really crappy-looking) black:

1970 Fury III FS Appleton WI. Craigs

Last edited:
If the car is as solid a project as it appears the asking price is not an unreasonable starting point for negotiations. Nothing wrong with a 318 and 85K but you'd need to knock it down some to undo all the senseless mods.

If the car is as solid a project as it appears the asking price is not an unreasonable starting point for negotiations. Nothing wrong with a 318 and 85K but you'd need to knock it down some to undo all the senseless mods.

Depends on your definitions of "solid" and "project" -- the seller back in January 2020 (who was a straight shooter in my interactions with him) stated the following:

"floors and trunk solid, just surface rust, door panels off. Can look inside doors, older repaint, filler bubbling and cracking in lower parts of car"

wonder why he had to change the hood ?
all 70 furys had the twin power dome hood, even the slant 6 cars...... not a specific gt hood or even a sport fury thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back