Not Mine - 75 Imperial (not for sale)

68 4spd Fury

Reaction score
18k-Mile 1975 Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe owned originally by Richard Carpenter of The Carpenters

197614309_2984961058441536_1644116029959200493_n.jpg

This is OLD NEWS!! The current owner (I believe) paid for a way overpriced vehicle at auction and now the guy/dealer's losing his *** on the deal and I think the dealer is in Nevada, is trying to dump this baby! It is a nice car.....but the price is rediculous!

Now if the car was in one of his music videos it might be a little more valuable.

Maybe if it was music from the Doors, Traffic, Moody Blues, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, ect., but not the Carpanters!!

As I recall, Richard was a Mopar guy with many in his vehicle collection. Almost none of them were hot rods, but more normal cars.

Respectfully, The Carpenters had their own following. Maybe not quite as large or "expected" as some of the others, but it was still there. To me, their music was more durable than some of the more trendy groups, back then, not unlike Chrysler Products of that era.

Unfortunately, the amount of additional value that title with Richard's name on it might be similar to the Mobile Director Imperial with the Pope's name and address on it.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

As I recall, Richard was a Mopar guy with many in his vehicle collection. Almost none of them were hot rods, but more normal cars.

Respectfully, The Carpenters had their own following. Maybe not quite as large or "expected" as some of the others, but it was still there. To me, their music was more durable than some of the more trendy groups, back then, not unlike Chrysler Products of that era.

Unfortunately, the amount of additional value that title with Richard's name on it might be similar to the Mobile Director Imperial with the Pope's name and address on it.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Richard owned 300s, a Hemi, Vettes, GTO, Charger R/T, 'Cuda.... He owned some killer Mopars.

Richard Carpenter Car Collection, Classic Cars Index

They were one of the top selling acts of ~70-74 and made the A&M label a major player in the industry. The respect for Richard's arrangements and production within the music industry lives on today. Karen's voice is still considered one of the most pure and emotional ever recorded. I prefer their earlier work.

Last edited:
I think this was Richard Carpenter's mother's car. Years ago I recall looking into his collection....Lot's of 50's and 60's cars.

A link to BaT listing for those that don't follow along. There are a lot of great pictures..

No Reserve: 18k-Mile 1975 Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe

Regarding pricing-a lot of what trades hands on BaT is the best of the best of 'average' cars. Vehicles 'regular' folks would have purchased and used when they were new; Whether it's an '89 Chevy Blazer, '87 Mitsubishi Starion, or an '75 Imperial. This is likely the nicest and most orginal one in existence. And it sold for what someone was willing to pay.

And the Fool that bought this car for $34 grand tried to sell this thing a couple months later for $59,000!!

Back