Off Topic Jeep Wrangler JL 3.6 eTorque Stop/Start with Generator, Alternator Delete????

shooter65

Reaction score
We're looking at replacing my wife's 2010 Avenger R/T 3.5 H.O. winter daily driver. We've both always liked the Wranglers but the 392, starting at 85K is a little steep, we're trying to cut expenses to load up savings before retirement.

Anybody have any experience with the 3.6 eTorque Stop/Start with Generator, Alternator Delete? I'm not looking forward to having to turn off the Stop/Start every time we start the damn thing up and I'm nervous about the generator instead of an alternator. I know the Stop/Start has been around for FCA for at least 10 years but I didn't realize they switched back to a generator for these engines. When did this happen?

Thanks.

We're looking at replacing my wife's 2010 Avenger R/T 3.5 H.O. winter daily driver. We've both always liked the Wranglers but the 392, starting at 85K is a little steep, we're trying to cut expenses to load up savings before retirement.

Anybody have any experience with the 3.6 eTorque Stop/Start with Generator, Alternator Delete? I'm not looking forward to having to turn off the Stop/Start every time we start the damn thing up and I'm nervous about the generator instead of an alternator. I know the Stop/Start has been around for FCA for at least 10 years but I didn't realize they switched back to a generator for these engines. When did this happen?

Thanks.
You could look at this as well...

AutoStop Eliminator.

I eliminated the auto stop feature in my Ford Edge. An old battery, without enough power to turn the engine over is the tool of choice.

What it does is send the auto stop into a mode where it doesn't shut the car off. The dealer has to reset it. I found this out from a good Ford mechanic.

I knew about this trick, but hadn't gotten around to trying it, when the battery gave up. It went into the non working mode last fall, and hasn't worked since.

I eliminated the auto stop feature in my Ford Edge. An old battery, without enough power to turn the engine over is the tool of choice.

What it does is send the auto stop into a mode where it doesn't shut the car off. The dealer has to reset it. I found this out from a good Ford mechanic.

I knew about this trick, but hadn't gotten around to trying it, when the battery gave up. It went into the non working mode last fall, and hasn't worked since.
Thank you very much. Makes perfect sense and won't cost me a dime.

Back