NOT MINE Pair 1967 Dodge Monaco Station Wagons $8750 Colorado

PH27L7

Reaction score
Not the worst deal I've seen-

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/dodge/monaco/2457122.html

1968 monaco wagon 1.jpg
1968 monaco wagon 2.jpg

TWO 1967 Dodge Monaco 9 passenger station wagons. SOLD TOGETHER ONLY. Monacos were always at the top of the models lineup. Nearly identical, sister cars. Both have the rear third seat. Both have weathered exteriors; great patina with multiple color nuances and depth. Car(s) could be repainted to original color or clear coated over existing patina; either would result in really cool wagons. Both cars are 100% original, never modified or altered and are nearly complete.
The first wagon (inside building/somewhat darker exterior color) has 79,440 miles; comes with original certicard, some original paperwork and manual. Only missing are a couple of exterior trim pieces on the driver side quarter panel (lower long piece is actually inside the car - dog leg is missing). The tailgate glass is broken - this is why I acquired the second car which had these items.
The second wagon (outside building/slightly lighter exterior color) has 70,834 miles and is equipped with the rare dual zone, rear AC option; however the plastic interior trim pieces covering the AC lines are somewhat dried up and cracked in places. The (black) interior (seats, dash, door and headliner panels, etc.) are somewhat dried up, but in fair/OK/good condition throughout except for the driver seating area which is poor (vinyl covering torn, cracked or otherwise damaged), a couple of the headliner panels are dislodged from the roof bows and hang loosely; door armrest and upholstery/rubber mats on floor panels (rear of back seat) in utility compartment will need repaired or replaced (reproduction parts easily accessible). Dash is badly cracked. The instrument panel, under dash and steering wheel look pretty fair/good; need good cleaning, polishing and/or general tuning up. Steering wheel has some cracks on rim. Exterior is in similar condition as the first car. Small trim piece missing on lower driver side fender. Center grille section missing as well.
The first wagon (inside) has a similar (Jade Green) interior that could be kept as is for awhile after a good cleaning and sprucing up, but would still need some repairs (driver seating area and top of backrest is in the same condition as described above). Upholstery is in better shape overall than the second wagon. Dash is also cracked. The instrument panel, steering wheel are in good condition and also need cleaned and spruced up (same as above). Cracks are visible on the steering wheel.
The second car has a cracked windshield, all other glass on both cars is in excellent condition (except tailgate glass on the first car as previously mentioned). Carpeting will need replaced in both. Of course, new tires should be installed for safety due to age or condition of existing ones.
I believe that both cars have a 383 CU engine and 727 automatic transmission. The first car runs and lot drives. Already had work done on it (fuel tank cleaned, carb rebuilt, brake master cylinder and more worked on as needed). The second car steers and rolls easily. The engine has not been started for quite some time (does turn over ok). While both cars will need an overall check up and possible mechanical work, brakes, tires, etc., the scope should not be too difficult or overly expensive - especially for the do it yourselfer.
Both cars are very solid and straight, rust free and as nearly complete as one could wish (one from Colorado and the other from South Dakota); both cars have a clear Colorado title. It's not like buying a car and/or a spare already disassembled and put in boxes where the buyer would not find out that quite a few items are missing until later. I believe the pros overwhelmingly outweigh the cons when contemplating what can be done with these two fairly rare wagons. I am sure I missed a few things in my description, but I tried to describe the cars as accurately as I could. They do need to be refurbished/restored.
Why am I selling? Years ago, my plans were to use the best parts from the two cars and create a really cool surf wagon (still ambivalent wether to clear coat over existing patina or paint to original beauty) and resell the second car (after sprucing it up) to offset some, maybe half of my restoration costs. I never got around to it. I am older now, life happens and plans change.
This is a great opportunity for someone younger, or a wagon lover to do an awesome ride at a reasonable cost, much easier to do with two near complete cars to start with. If budget permits, at least one of these two wagons could be completely restored to its previous splendor; what a sight this would be!

Both cars are being sold together for only $8,750 (. Attractive price reduction from previously advertised $12,500 (and substantially less than my original selling price) for quick sale - Don't hesitate and miss it.
You are welcome and encouraged to come and look at/inspect the cars in person and envision what you could achieve. All car lovers are most welcomed.
Serious inquiries only. No trades. Payment by bank wire or cash in hand.
Buyer is responsible for all transport arrangements and costs to their location. Cars are sold as is - where is. No warranties or guarantees whatsoever. Sale is final, no return, no refund., no adjustment.
Please call 303-941-1765. Absolutely NO Texts.

IIRC the seller of these has divested himself of several other Dodge wagons in the recent past. He had a certain '73(?) Dodge Monaco (6 passenger?) that had piqued my interest before I ended up with the '64 from a member here.

Back