Passports

BIGBARNEYCARS

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just re-reading Ross's thread on that fantastic Imp of hiz. For you guyz wanting to make Moparfest in New Hamburg, Ontario there'z an easier way then jumping thru' all the hoopz of a passport now. It'z called an "ENHANCED" DRIVERS LICENSE....Passport= PITA+ 'bout $120 + ah couple months lag time. Enhanced drivers license= Walk into your local DMV with a true copy of your birth certificate and hand 'um $20 and watch your mail in 'bout 2 weekz. It'z good for Canada and Mexico, but beyond that you're back to the $120 and the PITA. Check it out, Jer

Interesting Jer, thank you.... How bout the kids I wonder.....

Last edited:
Are all the states doing it now? I gotta renew mine in september. Deff worth the few extra bucks.

I'm pretty sure all the statez are doing it now and not just the bordering statez. Az for kidz? I can only speak for Michigan but I suspect all statez have the same or similar setup. Here you can get your kid a proof of identification by marching your kid-kidz into the DMV with their birth certificate and lay down .50 cents and they'll get a state authorized and legal ID that does not expire. We did it with our kid when she was 11 yearz old...She'z now 46 and still haz that ID. No reason to suppose that ID can not be enhanced at the same time? Jer

No "green border" as they call them over here where you just drive into the other Country without checkpoints ?

Used to be that way here too, but 9/11 changed all that. We can go to Mexico or Canada any time we want to, just drive on over. It's the getting home where in lies the problem. USA Customs refuses to believe this 75 year ole' coot does note fit the profile and is convinced he haz 10 lbs. of C-4 tied to hiz willie and even droppin' trou' and moonin' 'um doesn't prove I don't have it hidin' up there somewhere. Just seams to get 'um more crabby and I have no clue why?

Barney, stop tying C4 to your junk!

We did the passport thing a few years ago and yup, not only a pain in the ***, the five cruises we took never once asked for them. So, the missus and me still rock virgin, unstamped passports. That's Mexico, Bahamas, Haiti, Caymans, US Virgins(they aint), and Costa Rico.

Used to be that way here too, but 9/11 changed all that. We can go to Mexico or Canada any time we want to, just drive on over. It's the getting home where in lies the problem. USA Customs refuses to believe this 75 year ole' coot does note fit the profile and is convinced he haz 10 lbs. of C-4 tied to hiz willie and even droppin' trou' and moonin' 'um doesn't prove I don't have it hidin' up there somewhere. Just seams to get 'um more crabby and I have no clue why?

Absolutely the truth... I had problems getting back from Moparfest both times we went. Questions, questions, questions...... Really? Head south and bug a few hundred thousand on the Texas border will ya!

Back