Power Seat power source?

sprice

Reaction score
68’ 300 convertible - I have checked the FSM for wiring and cannot see the source for the seats. Manual says it has a 30 amp circuit breaker in left side Cowel which is in the picture however only one. Manual also states PW, top and seats are off a circuit breaker. Is there only one for all three to draw from?

Also the inline fuse looks factory. What would this be for?

1FD47F74-80AA-4D35-8081-1200D400C944.jpeg

Follow the "feed" wiring from the power seat switch (in the FSM wiring schematic) and I suspect you'll find it attaches to a multi-feed junction of sorts, with the power feed TO that junction being direct "battery voltage". EACH of the items which use that common feed junction should have circuit breakers in their respective circuits, too. These circuits by-pass the ignition switch and fuse block, too, which is why they have a circuit breaker in their respective circuits, by observation.

Just some observations,
CBODY67

Usually the power feed for the power seat comes from the amp meter. It runs to the kick panel area Then to the seat.

I have a 1970 B-body with automatic shut off on the headlights and it uses an inline fuse like that. It is a factory system and it is on the window sticker.

With car running with headlights on, turn off key then turn off the headlamp switch. It takes about 45 seconds and then the headlamps turn off automatically. Pretty cool feature.

Back