QA1 Front Suspension on a 1965 Dodge Polara

65Polara383

Reaction score
I finally got my car on the road a few days ago.

The factory suspension is in good shape with the exception of some sagging leaf springs. However, I really dislike the vague, floaty feeling the car has.
Has anyone tried putting the QA1 tubular suspension parts or entire front end kit on a C body before?
They say it is for A, B, and E body cars but every parts website that stocks it says it will fit my car.

Thank you for any insight you guys can provide.

For anything other than shock absorbers, it MIGHT be possible that all of those smaller-platform cars will also fit a C-body, but I doubt it. I might be wrong, though. Although my gut suspicion is that the smaller platforms (other than the shocks, possibly, as to a common side and such) will not fit a '65 C-body car.

The "float and vague" situation is not in a Chrysler's suspension's DNA. Steering response can be adjusted to be a bit better, but there are also rebuilders that claim to make things better than OEM. Compared to a modern car, things will not be quite as "tight" in feel or response, though.

IF you want to address the "float" part, get some good HD shocks, of which QA1 sells some. A lower-price option would be KYBs, though.

Regards,
CBODY67

Back