Question on EGR valve

spstan

Reaction score
EGR light keeps coming on. I seem to recall this was some sort of test where the EGR light came on at a certain mileage (don't remember the reason). as a test and then you would reset it somehow. Either that or the EGR valve is bad (which is hard to believe cause I replaced it a few years ago. Thoughts on how to reset it? Paul

Screenshot_20231019_201247_Samsung Notes.jpg

I've yet to figure out what it means by "performing a reset operation on the switch" though. Not mentioned anywhere else in the FSM.

It is a reminder light which is turned on by mileage, via the speedometer cable. Has to be reset or whatever. "Reset Screw".

Would you say the screw is a switch of some sort? I am guessing here but, key on, turn screw gently 90 degrees and a reset takes place? It has to be calibrated for the mileage so the usage of the screw must introduce a calibrated process to return to zero. Or is it something else, like turn the screw until you cannot turn it anymore? That wouldn't be too scientific or calibrated so to speak. Looked on allpar and found nothing related.

"Toe pan area" would be behind the accel pedal area, lower than the booster, on the input cable to the cruise control. Chrysler started hiding things down there (like the carb to transmission rod) about that time, so that only people who knew about such things would be messing with them, it seemed. Can't mess with what one can't see where it is, seemingly. BUT WE know where they are!

All it is is a simple revolution counter which triggers a switch that turns on the light after so many revolutions. No more, no less. That screw resets it.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back