Radio upgrading

fireguy514

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a '65 Plymouth Fury III, and I'm wondering if any has modified their AM radio into a bluetooth receiver. I want to keep the existing radio to keep the original integrity of the vehicle, and would love to find a way to modify and upgrade to a more modern (bluetooth) way of listening to tunes.

Aurora Designs is one place many in here have used for such upgrades. NOW it appears Gary Tayman is now a part of a worldwide network of converters! www.tech-retro.com is the website. For some reason, that link might not work from this forum, so paste it into your search engine to get there.

On the front page, consider the many newer platforms they can provide! When done, scroll down the page to the bottom and "Find A Dealer" link.

All using the chassis of your existing radio to add modern functionality to it. Might be close to $500.00 for the upgrade, last time I looked. Many new options!

CBODY67

Last edited:
Tayman Electrical stereo solutions for collector cars is the link to Gary Tayman

NOW it appears Gary Tayman is now a part of a worldwide network of converters
I believe Gary was one of the first, if not the first dealer for Aurora. From talking to him, I got the impression that he helped with the beta testing and development.

I've done two radios and he'll get another one of these days... I can't be happier with the conversions.

Hi All,
I have a '65 Plymouth Fury III, and I'm wondering if any has modified their AM radio into a bluetooth receiver. I want to keep the existing radio to keep the original integrity of the vehicle, and would love to find a way to modify and upgrade to a more modern (bluetooth) way of listening to tunes.
Search "Radio Adapter" on the forum. I converted my stock AM to an FM on my 65 SF with antenna adapter and then put in a bluetooth. I discussed at length. Questions, contact me. No Big deal and it works great! Takes two parts; one the FM adapter and then the bluetooth. Both easily purchased online. All for under $200 and you can do it by taking out your glove box and make the necessary connections quite easily.

On eBay. I put this blue tooth adapter and FM Adapter in my car, original radio and it works GREAT and overall reasonable cost. Both units difficult to find especially the adapter. Don’t let the fact that it on is Corvette Central, great company. Easy install through glove box. 1-2 hour project.

IMG_4362.png

IMG_4363.png

Back