rear differential ?

marty koirtyohann

Reaction score
hey i have a question ? im looking @ a 1973 new yorker & i was wandering if chrysler used te 8 .75 rear end in them i have a 72 ny it has a 8.75. i was just wandering i have not seen it yet we r going to look @ it sunday

ok i seen on line they said the 9.25 was used too . i like the 8.75 better i had a bad experance with a 8.25 in a 73 Polara that i built up the 400 &was racing (it got 115 in the 1/4 in 2nd gear)i twisted one of the carrer tubes ou of the case iron center section while i was draging it (it would really move it had 2.71 gears inthe rear

Very strong chance both new yorkers had 8.75 rears with 2.76 gears in open diffs.

Very strong chance both new yorkers had 8.75 rears with 2.76 gears in open diffs.
OK MY NEW YORKER 'S BUILD SHEAT HAD A HEAVY TOW OPTION WITH 3.23 POSSIE BUT THT WS ALLM GONE BY TH TIME I BOUGHT IT . I THINK THE GUYS GRANDSONS WAS TRYING TO TPULLTHE 440 T MOTOR BFORE IT WAS SOLD @ THE ESTATE AUCTION SO TO MAKE T A TOW RIG I HAD TO FIND THE HITCH & THE E TRAILER CONTROLER AGAIN I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO REMONR THE SQUARE TUBE RECEIVER FROM MINE TO PUT ON HE 73 IF DO BUY IT SO I CAN TOW WITH IT IF I WANT TO

Last edited:
I dont think A35 included the SureGrip... It was a separate option, IDB D?91.
Heavy tow option A35 included separate trans cooler, wiring with provision to plug in accessory wiring, IDB, and possibly holes in rear frame to line up with commonly used dealer installed hitches of the day.

I dont think A35 included the SureGrip... It was a separate option, IDB D?91.
Heavy tow option A35 included separate trans cooler, wiring with provision to plug in accessory wiring, IDB, and possibly holes in rear frame to line up with commonly used dealer installed hitches of the dodge trucks with the c channel frames thre may had been holes but on cars wih the box frames the hatches was welded tt the rear box frames(I have seen them done tha way . back in th day if u ordered a truck wih a trailer tow the hitch was put in a box in the bed& the mechanic had to install i & Put in the wiring , add the e-brake controler .u c my cousin was a mechanic @ a dealership & back in the day i would walk into the shop & talk to him the only dealer shops i couldn't walk into the shops was the ones that has a labor union shop Forman in. they all know i had built motors & had my own "shop"+ thy know if i ws to get hur i would not sue them

i scanned this on my home scanner/copier & fax machine this s th 1974 towing guide

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 1.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 2.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 3.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 4.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 5.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 6.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 7.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 8.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 9.jpg

1974 chrysler-Plymouth  trailer tow guide 10.jpg

Back