SOLD **REBUILT** "C" Body Disc Brakes 74 Up, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have complete Disc Brake parts for the full size Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, "C" Body line of automobiles.

If you want to convert your early 1960's mid 60's land yacht, to disc brakes, i have the parts and pieces to get it done.

I have collected, horded, saved, rat holed, various year parts, that all will work on a drum brake, to disc brake conversion.

This set up is from the 1974 - 1975 and up, cars.

I also have the disc brake proportioning valve used, needed, for and used, with these brakes, that i can also put up for sale, if wanted, needed

Everything was disassembled, hand scrubbed cleaned, in the solvent tank, of decades worth of grease and grime, then soaked out in a 5 gallon pail of a product called EVAPORUST, to bring them back to bare metal condition.
Then everything was painted up, ready for me to reassemble.
Now that i have done all the labor to bring these parts back to like new condition, i will be selling this set at $450.00.

You can call me, at Nine One Six, Eight Five Two, One Seven Five Eight, DURING THE EVENING TIME HOURS, between 5:30 - 7:30, if your interested, and we can go from there.
This is PACIFIC time, if your living out of my time zone,
Thank's.
Jim V.

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 001 (Copy).JPG

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 002 (Copy).JPG

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 005 (Copy).JPG

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 008 (Copy).JPG

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 010 (Copy).JPG

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 011 (Copy).JPG

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 012 (Copy).JPG

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 013 (Copy).JPG

Beautiful looking brake set! I've never heard of a 1974 brake set fitting earlier c-body models. Have you adapted 74-78 brakes to work on earlier c-bodies before? What was entailed?

Beautiful looking brake set! I've never heard of a 1974 brake set fitting earlier c-body models. Have you adapted 74-78 brakes to work on earlier c-bodies before? What was entailed?

I had that technical, swap, information, how it's done, bookmarked in my computer, but lost the information when the computer "crashed"
Never got it back, after the computer guru fixed me up again.

If i can remember some of that disc brake swap info, it was done on 1964 and earlier cars, due to the ball joint style in the control arm, and the mounting of the steering arm.
Dunno anymore.

I was unaware that the 74-78 spindles were useful for anything but 74-78... If you dig up information for the swap, I would be interested to know about it... :thankyou:

Sorry, not a buyer... I have a glut of 74-78 front spindles myself... a thought them valueless but can't throw away Formal parts JIC :realcrazy:

Disc Brake Conversion to 1961 Chrysler 300

Pretty sure this is the web site, tech article, that does the conversion with 74-78 C body disc brake parts.
Probably a bit more involved, with tools the average homeowner, probably doesn't have out in the garage, but this swap can be done.

Disc Brake Conversion to 1961 Chrysler 300

Pretty sure this is the web site, tech article, that does the conversion with 74-78 C body disc brake parts.
Probably a bit more involved, with tools the average homeowner, probably doesn't have out in the garage, but this swap can be done.
We discussed this guy's work a long time ago. Most of us agreed it was not a great way to do it. Too "iffy" for me.

MVC-020S.jpg

Take it from someone who has done the 73 setup conversion that is the way to go. no grinding or altering of the original castings everything readily available and works great. best upgrade ever.

This for sale ad of mine is going to get into a big commentary, pissing contest between what to do, and wouldn't do it.
It going to off the railroad track pretty quick from here.
If anyone want's to buy the parts, and use them on a 74 and up car that's fine, and not use them for a swap purpose, that's fine too.
I'm going to pull the plug on this ad, and mark it SOLD, so no more replies can be posted.
If anybody want's these check me out in the local Sacramento Craigslist, under the search word Mopar, in the parts for sale section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back