Repop Bendix Booster

The four studs that mount the booster to the firewall are slightly closer to the center of the booster on the A,B,E version, and the rod that connects to the pedal is 3/4" shorter.

You could use the repop booster, but you would need to slot the holes in your firewall and extend the rod on the booster.

I'm currently in the process of installing one in a friend's Challenger, so you may want to hold off buying anything until I find out if the repops work properly.

Jeff

Do you have your original booster? You could have that rebuilt.

I could change the bolt pattern, but lengthen the booster rod is not very practically, I guess.
And if its 1" smaller, this option is out anyway. There was a reason for it to be bigger from the factory.

I have my original one any thought about sending it to Booster Dewey, but shipping from Germany is expensive and difficult. I will give him a call I guess and see what he can offer me.

Thanks for all the Answers!

I have my original one any thought about sending it to Booster Dewey, but shipping from Germany is expensive and difficult. I will give him a call I guess and see what he can offer me.

If it were me and it is winter I would have it rebuilt rather than rat tail filing another in. Put in what was required and you have it. Just my opinion.

this thread is well outside my area of expertise, but I had mine ('67 Imp) rebuilt and never looked back...…. rebuilding the original, wherever possible, nearly always works out better...…

If it were me and it is winter I would have it rebuilt rather than rat tail filing another in. Put in what was required and you have it. Just my opinion.
I'm not tied to seasons ;)
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-25 at 14.07.21 (1).jpeg

Changing the bolt pattern now wouldn't be a problem if it would solve the booster supply issues for the future, but if there are other things different as well, that's not an option.

I could change the bolt pattern, but lengthen the booster rod is not very practically, I guess.
And if its 1" smaller, this option is out anyway. There was a reason for it to be bigger from the factory.

Thanks for all the Answers!
Why worry about cost at this point? You are definitely pregnant and you need to have the baby!

I'm not tied to seasons ;)
View attachment 413136

Changing the bolt pattern now wouldn't be a problem if it would solve the booster supply issues for the future, but if there are other things different as well, that's not an option.

Well it looks like your car will be down for awhile and you won't be driving her anytime soon. File away if you want and make something else work but we are just giving you our opinions. Good luck.

Back