Restoration of unsellable 1978 New Yorker on Youtube

spstan

Reaction score
For those interested, there's a fellow on Youtube (posts by the name of "sleeperdude" who posted a video on a 1978 New Yorker entitled "Big Block Bro Ham - ant infested unsellable luxury car". This car hasn't run in about 20 years and he actually rebuilds the original Thernoquad carburetor. Paul

Did it become "unsaleable" before or after the ants took up residence? Remembering the "visible ant farm" kits of the 1960s.

CBODY67

Watching him rebuild the Thermoquad; I don't think I'd like to take on that project. Paul

I enjoyed that he had a good time with the kids helping, getting it going and moving back home. Nice property./

He always has an entertaining project going on. I enjoy his videos, and dig the fact his kids are hands-on with much of each project.

Sleeperdude has a new video where he powerwashes this Chrysler. What a difference but I'm surprised he didn't take the pinstripes off. Paul

1.5 hours is way too much for me.
I fully understand the time/effort involved in editing, but if you want to put yourself on YT for the praise of strangers, you gotta go all the way.

If I'm putting something on in the background for 1.5 hours, it's gonna have Paul Newman, Gene Hackman, etc in it.

And based on the title, I was actually hoping this was the rebuild of commando1's car back to the way he built it.

(Trying to perceive of a reason the ants would have been there to start with, related to "food"?)

Back