Shipping across the USA

John Kelly

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I finally bought a c-body. The rub is that I have to ship it from near Tacoma Washington to NW Indiana. The best price I have so far is from Mikes Discount Auto for 1600 in an enclosed truck. Any suggestions on someone who might be less expensive? BTW, I'll post picks soon, but for now I'm focused on getting it shipped!

big car, couple thousand miles, enclosed, for under $1.00 per loaded mile?

Super deal in my experience.

Almost too good .. be sure to check customer/bbb references, insurance, DOT license, etc, as noted above.

good luck.

:thumbsup:

I have a couple more RFQs out there. If I find something better in this search, I'll post it here.

John, I paid $1300 to ship a car from Seattle to Minnesota on an open trailer in March of '21, for comparison. I used a guy Wyatt has used before.

I shipped a vehicle on an open trailer in 2018 from New Mexico to Long Island, New York. It was just under $1200 dollars. Considering inflation and the time difference your price sounds reasonable to me.

The car will be here later next week. Mikes Discount Auto had the best price. Worst was 2500. I called 5 places and the freight company my company uses. I think I'm good. Paying for shipping is never fun, but it is what it is. Thanks for all the tips and prices shared.

Back