Shroud question

Fury Rookie

Reaction score
does anyone know if a stock fan shroud will fit a Wizard aluminum radiator???? Car is 68 Fury with 22 inch and now has an electric fan would like to go to a better set up. Any help is appreciated

Do you still have the stock radiator? I just installed a 505 cu inch 440 stroker and I had the stock radiator re cored. I also reused the factory fan shroud and installed a new heavy duty Haydn fan clutch. It is always stuck at 180 degrees and I have never seen more than 195 or so. Just a thought.

I installed a 1967 22" shroud on a Champion radiator. 1967 is 2-part which makes it easier to work with. Holes had to be drilled. I paid $150-175 for the shroud on ebay. Can't remember exact price

Thank you guys for responding. I had the stock radiator in with the original fan and had the core cleaned and checked When I got the car it had a 318 2bbl and now is a 360 with 4bbl . Car never had a shroud in place and always ran hot to point of cooking over.

Thank you guys for responding. I had the stock radiator in with the original fan and had the core cleaned and checked When I got the car it had a 318 2bbl and now is a 360 with 4bbl . Car never had a shroud in place and always ran hot to point of cooking over.
My guess is the Wizard radiator is not set up for factory shroud.
Cooling system flush may help

My 1972 Fury came from factory with no fan shroud and 22" radiator. The 67 shroud fit with lots of new holes and adjustments.
Suggestions:
*You can recore the factory 22".
*If the Wizard is already installed, you can also try running it without a thermostat, temporarily, to see how your thermostat is affecting cooling.
*With the thermostat out, check flow from the water pump by looking into the radiator.
*Fan clutch: any grease leaking out?

thanks for responding. I tied all of that already. The engine was completely rebuilt before going in. Radiator was cleaned by a very good company near me. Before install. That is how i ended up with wizard. My electric fan is on a switch so not on when moving at speed but as soon as I hit traffic the switch goes on and never overheats that way. I just don’t like the look of it

thanks for responding. I tied all of that already. The engine was completely rebuilt before going in. Radiator was cleaned by a very good company near me. Before install. That is how i ended up with wizard. My electric fan is on a switch so not on when moving at speed but as soon as I hit traffic the switch goes on and never overheats that way. I just don’t like the look of it
I know you have an electric fan. Is the reason for the thread that you want to get rid of the electric fan?
Flex-a-Lite used to make excellent aluminum fans that pulled a lot more air than factory steel fans.
Some members have put the electric fan in front of the radiator and the mechanical fan behind the radiator.

I am hoping to get rid of electric fan but want to install shroud Will the factory shroud fit wizard radiator

Back