Soft top cylinder replacement to 1970 Chrysler Three Hundred convertible

Kaim

Reaction score
Hi C-body men, can someone tell me if replacing the roof cylinder is a difficult procedure? I have a new cylinder waiting to be replaced. The old cylinder is leaking heavily. The interior has already been demolished.

Absolute piece of cake! I did this back in March on my 69 Fury. I would recommend replacing both of them, as if one is leaking, the other is not far behind. I would also recommend removing the pump, and giving the innards a good cleaning. Chances are, the pump will be fine, as he is a pretty simple device. O rings are available for replacement on the pump for re-assembly. While you are in there, I would also suggest replacing the teflon lines for the hydraulic fluid. Not a difficult task either. You can accomplish this very easily! No special tools needed. I did mine with the top down, and the side panels removed. Works like a champ now, and no leaks.

Absolute piece of cake! I did this back in March on my 69 Fury. I would recommend replacing both of them, as if one is leaking, the other is not far behind. I would also recommend removing the pump, and giving the innards a good cleaning. Chances are, the pump will be fine, as he is a pretty simple device. O rings are available for replacement on the pump for re-assembly. While you are in there, I would also suggest replacing the teflon lines for the hydraulic fluid. Not a difficult task either. You can accomplish this very easily! No special tools needed. I did mine with the top down, and the side panels removed. Works like a champ now, and no leaks.
Lot of thanks customsportsman. Really good tips!

yes, they should be replaced in pairs so that they work evenly. once replaced, fill the reservoir and put the top up and down a few times and they SHOULD bleed themselves.

Hi C-body men, can someone tell me if replacing the roof cylinder is a difficult procedure? I have a new cylinder waiting to be replaced. The old cylinder is leaking heavily. The interior has already been demolished.
I'm in the same boat with one leaking cylinder. Where did you buy the cylinders and pipes/lines connecting them? Is there a kit? Appreciate any leads.

Back