Some Questions about the Power Windows...

CBuddy

Reaction score
He Guys,

i having a bad time trying to restore my power windows on my 1971 300. It all started with my front window falling down into the door, i repaired that and after a week this "metal stop thing on the window" broke!
IMG_5155.JPG

Does anyone know where i can get this thing?

But thats not all! some days later my rear window on the driver side stop working... so i pulled the whole window regulator assembly... to be honest, that took me about 3 hours and i was freaking out because that damn think just would come out!!!
when i finally got it out i noticed that the spring was missing... and i also wonder why there wasn't anything to hold the spring. is this normal? or do i need a new regulator?
IMG_5160.JPG

Since the rear power window motor isn´t working i was looking for a new one. there´s a guy over here in germany who is selling two of these
Dorman Products - 742-300
the homepage says it doesn't fits into a 300 but into a newport... should that be the same motors? perhaps anyone can help me with all that stuff...

thanks for your help!
Hannes

I would probably get in touch with Murray Park and get another power window complete assembly for the door and rear window so you have the parts you need and some spares.

mbpark@cbodies.com

If a dorman motor assembly will fit a 71 Newport, it will fit a 71 300.

He Guys,

i having a bad time trying to restore my power windows on my 1971 300. It all started with my front window falling down into the door, i repaired that and after a week this "metal stop thing on the window" broke!
View attachment 153968

But thats not all! some days later my rear window on the driver side stop working... so i pulled the whole window regulator assembly... to be honest, that took me about 3 hours and i was freaking out because that damn think just would come out!!!
when i finally got it out i noticed that the spring was missing... and i also wonder why there wasn't anything to hold the spring. is this normal? or do i need a new regulator?
View attachment 153969

Since the rear power window motor isn´t working i was looking for a new one. there´s a guy over here in germany who is selling two of these
the homepage says it doesn't fits into a 300 but into a newport... should that be the same motors? perhaps anyone can help me with all that stuff...

thanks for your help!
Hannes
Your regulator appears to be missing the anchor pin for the spring... I grabbed a random internet picture to help illustrate what is missing...
DSCF5347.jpg

Yours
img_5160-jpg.jpg

Since you have the door apart as well, you might be able to see the pin the spring tensions on, the back is often similar, but not always.

Depending on what you find, and if the missing piece is inside the 1/4 panel... you should be able to make an effective repair. Otherwise, I second the Murray Park idea... and without painful fabrication efforts, he is likely the only commercial source for the front door up stop.

People buy entire parts cars because of little crap like this, and too many get crushed with these sort of odd parts intact.

He Guys,

View attachment 153968

View attachment 153969

thanks for your help!
Hannes
You should definitely find a replacement regulator but I fear this is only the start of more issues with the windows. Being the age the car is, worn rollers, dry guides, worn teeth on the regulators and motor drives and probable slight misalignment of the guides will only lead to future events. I suggest you get all the parts required and refurbish all window mechanisms. It's almost winter and a good time to make this your seasonal project.

Thanks for all the informations!

First off all, i think i will try to get a new regulator for the rear! all the rollers and other stuff on the front and rear window seem to be in goo shape. not sure about rebuilding the whole window assembly... or is it easy to find the parts? because some parts are hard to find an sometimes quite expensive and when i ship them to germany i have to pay a lot for shipping an a lot of taxes...

thats the reason i want to go with those Doorman Power Window Motors... i can get them from a guy in germany and i would save some money.

@Big_John those are looking good! but theres my problem again... the guy who sells them doesn't ships to germany... all the original motors i can find on eBay coast a hell! and mostly they want like 50$ Dollar for shipping. And Mrs. Merkel also wants some f*'c**'g taxes...
it really sucks to have those problems! but after all... it´s a pleasure to this car!

@Dobalovr i already did that! the clutch on the power window motor is working fine! but the electric motor won't work. i opened it up, and cleaned it up. so far everything was looking fine. but the engine just won´t work....

Back