Sport Fury GT

After watching some videos on the web I've gotten very interested in this car it's a beautiful car no doubt and rare. Any idea of the values?

$10 - 15k for one needing to be restored, 50k for one with high quality restoration and more for one that has had a trailer queen type of restoration.

Last edited:
Ours is currently in the beginning stages of restoration and I’m into it about $74,000. This amount is the car, NOS parts, labor, etc. Finding a GT is difficult in itself. Finding parts is just as difficult. NOS parts are very hard to find and expensive when you do find them. Keep in mind that ours is a complete dismantle/OE restoration being done by one of the best out there. Yes, it’ll be a trailer queen for a while but then it’ll will be driven locally, etc.
I looked for a GT for over two years before finding ours. They’re very rare and desirable. Learn everything you can about them and be ready to buy on a moment’s notice. I would reach out to @billyfury , @Fury Pursuit , and others here for guidance. Good luck with your search.

Ours is currently in the beginning stages of restoration and I’m into it about $74,000. This amount is the car, NOS parts, labor, etc. Finding a GT is difficult in itself. Finding parts is just as difficult. NOS parts are very hard to find and expensive when you do find them. Keep in mind that ours is a complete dismantle/OE restoration being done by one of the best out there. Yes, it’ll be a trailer queen for a while but then it’ll will be driven locally, etc.
I looked for a GT for over two years before finding ours. They’re very rare and desirable. Learn everything you can about them and be ready to buy on a moment’s notice. I would reach out to @billyfury , @Fury Pursuit , and others here for guidance. Good luck with your search.

Well said. Some NOS parts just can't be found as they have all been purchased and restorations are EXPENSIVE on these cars.

If your goal is a nice one buy a nice one from the get-go. Parts are near unobtainium to do high end restorations these days. Most nice GTs & other nice C-bodies have had parts being collected by their owners since the '90s.

Last edited:
My dad bought a new 70
Sport Fury GT. Silver with a black vinyl top, black bucket seat interior, console, AC, (our first air conditioner vehicle) AM-8 track, 3:23 rear end.
I totaled that car during an ice storm in 1974. It had only 22,000 miles on it. I own a 70 Sport Fury GT that I bought 30 years ago and had it fully restored and modified to suit me. During all these years,
I have seen in person, two other GT's. I contend that any SFGT's still on the road, are the rarest members of the infamous, Rapid Transit System.

We're there any 4 speed Fury GTs?
No.
The only manual transmission in a Fusey was a 3-on the tree, available with 318 and 383-2 only, and IIRC only in 1969, maybe 1970.
Fury III and lower and Newport only.
I feel like I have a detail wrong in that, so please correct me, anyone.

column shifted 3 speed manual was available in:

225 slant, 318, 360 & 383-2bbl

Fury, Polara, Monaco, Newport, Town & Country wagon

1969-71

*not available in T&C wagon in '71

Back