Found Stock Valve Covers - 70 TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am currently running a pair of beat up chrome accessory valve covers on my '70 300 TNT. I would like to replace them with a stock set.

Anyone have a pair they can part with?

I am currently running a pair of beat up chrome accessory valve covers on my '70 300 TNT. I would like to replace them with a stock set.

Anyone have a pair they can part with?
Not I.

I am a huge fan of original, too, but those chrome valve covers are part of the car's history! You were there with me, when the first owner told us that he'd put them on as it was the cool thing to do at the time.

Yes. But. . . They are beat up and leak like hell.

Engine & Under Hood - Valve Cover - Valve Covers Engine & Under Hood - Valve Cover - Valve Covers

The 70 covers are out of stock, but here's the 71s. Pretty darn close....not sure of the difference.

Valve Covers | AMD 335-1071-BPK

I think I probably got the 70 covers when I did mine several years ago, but not sure. I added two plug wire brackets for the #7 wire, kinda like the 67 valve covers, because the headers don't allow for a nice, safe routing of that wire.

Anyway, it's the best $199 I've ever spent. The flange and bolt holes are perfect, not all bent up after 50 years of misuse. With a quality gasket and barely 80 inch-pounds of "tight", they sealed like Tupperware. Word of warning: If you go with these, they are FULL of metal chips and machining grime, especially under the splash shields. Full! Wash them good.

IMG_0539.JPG

Left Side Cover.JPG

1698671889299.jpeg

Engine & Under Hood - Valve Cover - Valve Covers Engine & Under Hood - Valve Cover - Valve Covers

The 70 covers are out of stock, but here's the 71s. Pretty darn close....not sure of the difference.

Valve Covers | AMD 335-1071-BPK

I think I probably got the 70 covers when I did mine several years ago, but not sure. I added two plug wire brackets for the #7 wire, kinda like the 67 valve covers, because the headers don't allow for a nice, safe routing of that wire.

Anyway, it's the best $199 I've ever spent. The flange and bolt holes are perfect, not all bent up after 50 years of misuse. With a quality gasket and barely 80 inch-pounds of "tight", they sealed like Tupperware. Word of warning: If you go with these, they are FULL of metal chips and machining grime, especially under the splash shields. Full! Wash them good.

View attachment 625122

View attachment 625123

View attachment 625121

Thanks a lot, Trace. I may just give these a go.

Valve cover ID Untitled Document

Subtle differences between the '70 and '71. No reason I can see that they wouldn't work, but visually there is a difference.

The aftermarket valve covers back in the 70's (probably Cal Custom) weren't the best and I'm actually surprised they have survived this long. Funny thing is we were bitching about that stuff being made in Japan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back