The Formal Photo Thread

Dodge dealers called the rebate campaign the "Dodge Clearance Festival". Here's an ad by a Texas dealer from that period, in the lower right corner of the newspaper page.

Last edited:
@PeugFra @Justin Plant
My parents bought a new 77 Royal Monaco Brougham 2 door from the local Dodge dealer in January of 78. The sticker price was $7519. I do not have any sales paper work for it but I am sure my dad got a deep discount since it had been sitting on the showroom floor for a long time. It was a 440 car which I'm sure gave people pause at the time. In the summer with the AC running it would get about 11mpg highway and 7 mpg city. 12 mpg on the highway was the best he ever squeezed out of it. When we took long distance trips dad made sure he had his gas cards with him.

Quick question and I know I could look it up myself but I'm lazy tonight. Anybody happen to know the production numbers for a base 77 Royal Monaco coupe? Stumbled upon one somewhat local and was curious.

I bought my car back!

20220310_150854.jpg

Cool story. I have actually sold my 74 New Yorker once and bought it twice now as well.

Right on!

I guess you didn't get a chance to take a look under the hood?

1977 Halo roof 2 door hard top coupe, Jasmine Yellow/White Leather, 440/727/3:21 sure grip, W23 road wheels w/proper wide whitewalls. "Daisy"

768EEF63-D278-4458-8A05-5BC9CAF501CA.jpeg

Back