Today is the build day. 53 years old....

Build sheet have the build date on it?

Different plants handled BS differently. BS from some plants can get you closer to the actual build date than the SPD.

I think the Jefferson plant used the consecutive sequence format meaning you can determine relative built (before/after) to another car by comparing the sheets.

I didn't want to spoil anybody's birthday party, so I kept away from this thread right from the start.

This is something different, however:

1970 Door jamb sticker only has month and year,which is 10 - 1969. So, I will continue to believe it was built on the 20th. At this point, there is no way to prove it wasn't, correct?

Believing is no way to advance factual knowledge. The door sticker allows for build dates between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31, nothing more and nothing less. Absence of proof that Oct. 20 isn't correct doesn't make same date correct.

I do not know about superb restorations. I have made no cosmetic changes to the car. It is the same as when I bought it. However, I have done a number of things to make it a reliable driving car. the usual, shocks, u joints, radiator, trans service, brakes, bearings, tires and wheels, belts, hose, Pertronix ignition and mufflers and tail pipes. oh, and a couple sets of valve cover gaskets... Just the regular stuff so it can be driven and not have to worry.
It had a 383 Carb on it when I bought it, and I found the correct Cali 440 carb for it, and had it remanufactured. I also replaced the rimblow switch in it, which was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be
I have been working on a 71 sassy grass green air grabber 4 speed road runner for a while, so this one is perfect to tool around in when I want to drive an old car. Carsten must be proud, I have left it alone, and not tried to make it perfect.

I am proud of you.

If it would be FP6 teal I would make you an immdiate offer to buy it.
I know it is a well sortet car being maintained by you.

Carsten

Back