WANTED Torsion Bar boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I thought I was lucky and could save the boots but one of them tore.

It doesn't look like they are available, these are C-Body specific.

I need one.

Thanks,

Alan

I ran into the same problem when rebuilding the front end of the Polara. I used the wrong ones, the A, B &E ones, so I had something covering the socket. They were a pain to install. I had to lube them and stretch them over the end of the torsion bar while standing in the sun constantly rotating it. I stopped midway through the second one and it tore where it was in the shade. Luckily the old one was barely reusable. I hope someone remakes the correct ones.

I posted a year or so ago of how I cut a CV joint boot to fit (I gave PN's). BTW, the torsion bar boots aren't a critical seal like ball joint boots. The early cars didn't even have them, nor grease there. Bad design since they collected road salt and cars in the northeast rusted out the torsion bar anchors before the cars were even out of warranty (horror for Chrysler), so they had to rush a fix.

My parts book lists 2269250 as the correct PN. Found this on the net, perhaps it's a good lead:

"Torsion Bar Dust Boot or Seal 1980-1988 M-bodies Mopar P2269250 - This part is no longer available, However, Mopar P3402575 (Torsion Bar Seals '73-up) is still available as a possible substitute which might require modifications."

Gary Goers has the real McCoy. I bought several things from him. Read the intro, he will get to your order when he get to it. It took about 6-8 weeks for me. The boot fit perfectly. He has an amazing selection of hard to find items. http://www.garygoers.com/

Gary Goers has the real McCoy. I bought several things from him. Read the intro, he will get to your order when he get to it. It took about 6-8 weeks for me. The boot fit perfectly. He has an amazing selection of hard to find items. http://www.garygoers.com/

I've gone to his site several times and his stuff looks great, but when I read about his health issues there and the lack of any updates (like "I'm OK") I wonder if he's still in business or not.

I appreciate the fact that he has the correct parts............ But I have a hard-time waiting 6-8 weeks for a part after I payed for it, and just being told it will ship when it ships...........

I used the Mopar brand b body torsion bar boots for my 68 fury. I ordered them thought summit racing. Yes you need to stretch just a little to fit over the end. I man handled them and got them on. No tears!! They are a robust quality boot.............

I've gone to his site several times and his stuff looks great, but when I read about his health issues there and the lack of any updates (like "I'm OK") I wonder if he's still in business or not.

Yes I took my chances. I ordered way before I needed anything. I also paid extra 2- 3 % for it on paypal on my credit card, so I could challenge the charges later if his health came in question. His prices are very good, and still less at the extra charge. I ordered from him about 9 months ago.

I sent an e-mail and got an immediate response for the a list of the items I wanted. If you don't get a response that would obviously be a bad sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back