Value of Road Wheels

66/440

Reaction score
I wonder if you guys could give me an idea of what the going prices of factory road wheels are. If possible I would like pricing for a compleat wheel, trim ring and center cap set as well as the individual items, wheel, trim ring and center cap. I don't see many sets for sale and when I do there seems to be a wide swing in the pricing. I understand condition plays a big role but most of the sets seem to be comparable and the price is $300 to $ 400 different.

You need to be more specific on which wheel but I'll take a stab...

RoadWheels8[1].jpg

A complete set like the one pictured, in that kind of condition will run $700 to $1,000. Now, Thats a very nice set a 9-9.5 on a scale to 10.

Go down from there, You can find nice driver quality sets for $300. to $500. but some rings may be dinged and the chrome will have some pitting.

The ones pictured above are the early centers, if you want the later centers the price could come down a bit BUT you could find a buyer that wants that set and pay whatever he has to.

I bought a set of NOS trim rings for $500.00 ten years ago. Last year I bought NOS centers for $800.00. A set of these NOS centers just sold a few weeks ago for a Grand...

RoadWheels8[1].jpg

Thanks! This is exactly what I need to know. Are the wheels and trim rings all the same and the difference is in the center caps only? How many different center cap designs were used?

Is the Light Argent color for the centers readily available?

Thanks! This is exactly what I need to know. Are the wheels and trim rings all the same and the difference is in the center caps only? How many different center cap designs were used?

I believe the wheels remained the same through most of the 70s but there are a few guys here that know exactly when they were available in 15x7s and a variant of the wheels photoed.

Do not take my word for it only.......... wait for others to chime in. I tend to be one of the few not so cheap guys

There are 5 in the "set". The owner is checking the width and many rings and centers he has.

The centers are of the newer variety i.e. not like the style Dave posted.

Back