Vinyl insert trim for 1973 Monaco

Dave H Goldbug

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions on how I can make vinyl trim inserts for the body side mouldings? I've pretty much given up on trying to locate NOS pieces.

IMG_5589.JPG

Naive question: could painting the vinyl insert be an option?

Thank you. The problem is that I'm having the anodized aluminum pieces refinished and in doing so, the vinyl inserts will be removed and most likely ruined, according to the company that will do the refinishing.

the prob might be that for 73 the trim strip thickens, not sure if the rubber thickens as well towards the rear.... so that might cause an issue
heres a 72 & 73

1704844866879.jpeg

1704845051251.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I’ve reached out to them but they don’t answer the phone, unresponsive
Clicking on "Contact Us" in the far upper area of the page, reveals email address and voicemoil phone number.

It will be hard to exactly-match the size and shape of the OEM vinyl insert, BUT under their chrome molding selection, there is one which is close, so the width of the OEM insert is important.

If there is a MAACO body shop nearby, you might check their selection of vinyl body side moldings. Or perhaps they can advise of a local jobber for such?

A key issue might be how the vinyl is attached to the aluminum molding body. Is it with "tape" or "bonded"?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back