Watching an old movie very cool car

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was watching an old Doris Day Eddie Fisher movie called "Bundle of Joy". Eddie played a successful business man and was driving this really cool car. I had no idea what it was. I looked it up and it was a concept car called the Plymouth Belmont. I thought I would share.

The one in the movie was blue. It looks like there may have been at least a couple because most of the pictures are of the red concept.

1954 Plymouth Belmont - 2.jpg1954 Plymouth Belmont - rear.jpg

1954 Plymouth Belmont - rear.jpg

1954 Plymouth Belmont - 2.jpg

There may have only been one, the Lincoln Futura was in It Started with a Kiss and was painted red well before it was modified into the Batmobile.

Alan

I think you might be right. I couldn't find any pictures that didn't appear vintage in blue. Maybe actually originally the blue for the movie and then painted red for it's release in auto shows. Otherwise they painted it back to red.

imagesUJN9J4HO.jpg Clambake_1967_10.jpg

Same Thing with the 59 Stingray Racer concept car from Mitchell which ended up after several paint Jobs in a 1967 Elvis movie.

imagesUJN9J4HO.jpg

Clambake_1967_10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 43029 View attachment 43030

Same Thing with the 59 Stingray Racer concept car from Mitchell which ended up after several paint Jobs in a 1967 Elvis movie.

Funny I just turned that movie on at the very end yesterday with it stalled out at an intersection with traffic backed up behind that car.

If the internet is correct the Belmont was originally blue and re painted red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back