Welcome 70FuryFreedom to FCBO!

70FuryFreedom

Reaction score
I have owned my 1970 Fury for 12 years. Its a great car. I grew up riding in and driving my grandfather's early 70s New Yorker that had the 440 in it.

Posting a few pics

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0597(1).jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595(1).jpg

IMG_0594(1).jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0641(1).jpg

The odometer is at 61,000 and the engine and transmission had just been rebuilt before I bought it. So only about 1500 miles on it since. It has a new gas tank and a rebuilt 2bbl carb. I put new shocks on. Cleaned and painted the wheels and new tires. It's running strong and put away until spring.

Welcome, and thank you for posting pics of PM41L0D295680 — what id the car’s history before it became yours?

It was a Texas car and I bought it in Mississippi from a co worker. It looks like it's had one repaint and original interior. It had the period correct pushbar on when I got it. It wasn't running and needed a fuel pump and tires. The engine and transmission were rebuilt by a shop in Texas by previous owner.

At first I thought it was an unmarked car, possibly sheriff's car. But I learned that would be a PK car.

Sweet ride! Had a repaint and yet it retains it's v5F green moldings.
That is unusual and awesome!
The lack of a vinyl top is even better. Very unusual compared to all the other C's I have seen(not alot compared to our resident collectors).
Not many with v01 code.

Not many with v01 code.

Its a good example of coding being different by plant:

70 Belvedere coded V01 for everything but V02: one color cars, cars with vinyl tops and even convertibles code V01.
70 Newark and Windsor didn't code V01 but did code V02
70 Jefferson didn't code either.

Last edited:
Back