Welcome David Sullivan to FCBO!

David Sullivan

Reaction score
Hi There,
I just bought a 1972 Chrysler Newport Custom 4 Door Hardtop back in October 2020. I've been a Mopar guy all my life. I had a '67 Fury I before this car and sold that to get the Newport. I'm a backyard mechanic and love to work on my Newport. I intend to get it to the point where I could drive to car shows in other states with my son. It's in great shape. There's a little rust in the rear wheel wells and it needs a vinyl roof put back on. The 400 engine and trans were rebuilt a while back and work great. I had new dual exhaust put on, new steering box, master cylinder, intake and valve cover gaskets, ignition module, voltage regulator, ball joints. Got the front end aligned, the trans flushed and filter changed, a synthetic oil change. The black interior is in fantastic shape and just needs a new carpet. Stuff that doesn't work is the blower motor, rim blow horn, temperature control cable and radio. Right now, I'm working on getting the power windows to work correctly and line up properly. Also need to clean up the engine compartment and get the A/C working. Look forward to talking to you guys!

Back