Welcome Trevor B to FCBO!

Hi Everyone,
My name is Trevor and I got the Mopar bug four years ago. Since then, I've built/rebuilt a 1973 Duster and am currently restoring a 1968 Barracuda.

So I've mostly been an A-Body guy but recently fell in love with a 1969 Fury cpnvertible for sale locally. I'm going to meet the guy next week and hoped to have as much information on jabd as possible.

It's got a rebuilt 318 so I'll be sure to ask if the heads were rebuilt to take unleaded gas but are there any C-Body specific questions you would recommend asking?
Thanks in advance!

:thumbsup::welcome::usflag:

You know the drill. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi Trevor, and welcome from Alberta. I would suggest taking a very close look for body rot, especially in the truck and the rear boot area, where the top goes when it is down... It seems to be a bit of a problem area in those fury convertibles, take a close look or rot it the rocker panels, Or evidence of bondo and shoddy repairs. Rust might not be an issue in your area, but I have seen several, patched up rusty cars over the years, I suggest holding out for a beautiful example, there seems to be several nice ones still around... Any other advice ever I could give, I think you are already aware of if you have already fixed up a car.

Best hopes for the successful acquisition of a nice fury convertible.

Grant

Back