Welcome vidsal to FCBO!

Interesting. I don't have the code for the 383 (bottom left of the tag) or for the transmission. I also don't understand 9/11/69 (could it be the order number 91169? Dave will have the answer).

This being said, here is what I got after some rearranging going of the codes:

DL27:
Dodge Polara,Monaco
Low
Convertible

L0D: 383 290HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Belvidere, IL, USA

121786: Sequence number

ER6: Red Exterior Color
L6X9: Trim - Low, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
26: Build Date: February 6
???: Order number

V3X: Black Convertible Top
V01: Mono Tone Paint Treatment
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
P31: Power Windows
M31: Belt Moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings

L35: Cornering Lamps
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
H11: Heater
G15: Tinted Windshield
C55: Bucket Seats
C21: Center Front Seat Cushion

A04: Basic (Radio) Group
A01: Light Package
Y14: Sold Car

Do you have good-quality pictures of your engine bay that you could share? I am interested particularly in how the alternator and the voltage regulator look (including the markings on the voltage regulator).

Do you have good-quality pictures of your engine bay that you could share? I am interested particularly in how the alternator and the voltage regulator look (including the markings on the voltage regulator).

I'll take a picture after work. Where are the numbers you would like to see on the regulator? The previous owner modified a lot under the hood. Btw, the build date is 9/11/69 from what I recall.

I'll take a picture after work. Where are the numbers you would like to see on the regulator? The previous owner modified a lot under the hood. Btw, the build date is 9/11/69 from what I recall.

Here are the photos. I see some numbers that can be made out on the voltage regulator.

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

IMG_3460.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

Thank you very much! Your alternator looks just like mine.

I was hoping that the regulator would be original so that I could compare the stamped numbers with mine. However, yours seems to have been replaced at some point -- the original, AFAIK, would have had a dimple. Start at 1'45" in the following service video:

Last edited:
Or have a look at this picture, which looks like a shiny version of mine (see the dimple north-east of the prongs? Dave gets credit for alerting me to that tidbit re: the 1970 voltage regulators):

71.gif

Or have a look at this picture, which looks like a shiny version of mine (see the dimple north-east of the prongs? Dave gets credit for alerting me to that tidbit re: the 1970 voltage regulators):

View attachment 176072

I just remembered that the previous owner had a 71 parts car and may have taken a lot off that. The radiator comes to mind as something he probably swapped. There was a 71 hood that I couldn't take with me when originally buying the car.

Back