What is correct color for stock steel wheels with full wheel covers?

I remember meeting both those girls and the Plymouth "Win you over" girl at the Chrysler family auto shows. Hot stuff for a pre-teen kid.
I think Pam Austin did some acting for tv and movies.

I remember meeting both those girls and the Plymouth "Win you over" girl at the Chrysler family auto shows. Hot stuff for a pre-teen kid.
I think Pam Austin did some acting for tv and movies.
Yes, Pamela Austin appeared in several Elvis movies prior to her appearance as the Dodge Rebellion Girl. She also played various parts in TV shows in the 60's and 70's including Ozzie and Harriet, Twilight Zone, Laugh In, It Takes a Thief, Love American Style, Columbo and others.
I don't believe there was a Plymouth Win You Over Girl in 67, but in 68, British pop singer Petula Clark appeared in many of the Plymouth TV commercials singing "The Plymouth Win You Over Beat Goes On" to the tune of an otherwise annoying Sonny and Cher song.

My '70 Fury III "Pursuit" has white painted wheels on a white car. I suspect unless the car was a special order the wheels were black at least from this era forward. While personally I don't like anything else than stock, if the add on item is period correct, I can accept that.

My '70 Fury III "Pursuit" has white painted wheels on a white car. I suspect unless the car was a special order the wheels were black at least from this era forward. While personally I don't like anything else than stock, if the add on item is period correct, I can accept that.
I believe that 72 was the first year that all steel wheels were painted black regardless of whether the car had full wheel covers or dog dish caps, and regardless of exterior colors.

Back