Where do I find rear brake adjusters and return springs?

woodchuck66

Reaction score
Hi all!
I am looking for a source for return springs and adjusters for the rear brakes on my 1963 Dodge 880. I have located all of the other parts through NAPA. Thanks!

I forgot to mention I have 11" x 2-1/2" brakes. I was hoping to get them from a local parts store. I did check rock auto for all of the parts but shipping was more than the parts. That is why I am looking locally. My car has a 361 in it. Thanks.

I forgot to mention I have 11" x 2-1/2" brakes. I was hoping to get them from a local parts store. I did check rock auto for all of the parts but shipping was more than the parts. That is why I am looking locally. My car has a 361 in it. Thanks.

:dontknow:

rockauto.jpg

rockauto.jpg

Thanks Tallhair but the parts from Rock Auto total $14.82. Shipping is $22.98. I am not trying to be a penny pincher but shipping is a bit ridiculous on the small items is all. I am hoping to find them locally.

Thanks Tallhair but the parts from Rock Auto total $14.82. Shipping is $22.98. I am not trying to be a penny pincher but shipping is a bit ridiculous on the small items is all. I am hoping to find them locally.

I was just jacking around with you ... good luck in your quest chuck

Thanks 1978 NYB but I already checked with them on this. I need "exact fit" parts. They have several that may work but I may also have to modify them. I would just as soon get the right parts so I don't have to tinker with them. Way too many projects going on (as always) hehehe.

I got a spring kit from autozone and it was for the 2 1/2 size.....
I needed the 2" sized springs,, I ended up walking my brake shoes off while test driving,, the shoes fell off the springs and popped outwards against the drums..

that's how I know they were for the 2 1/2", and not the 2" shoes..

ill try to find the part# in my recpts...

saylor: Oh I hate it when stuff like that happens! If you can find the part #'s that would be great! I think it is interesting that I am able to find parts for my girlfriend's 1955 Nash Ambassador easier than my 63' 880.

Back