Windows and doors

jmustian

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. Today i was replacing window sweeps and cleaning and lubing windows. 3 windows work great now but the passenger side front drags and sometimes needs help.. i suspect ill have to pull the motor and check it. However in my days adventure i found the washer looking thing in the bottom of the door. Any ideas if this is part of the windows or not. Looks like its been laying there awhile.

IMG_20230410_160845937.jpg

IMG_20230410_160841568.jpg

Perhaps the assy line assembler picked up two washers when they only needed one, leaving the extra one in the door?

Its pretty thin but ill look tomorrow when i go back in that door. I think that washer is already there.

Perhaps the assy line assembler picked up two washers when they only needed one, leaving the extra one in the door?
You can see the imprint from the adjuster and the slot in the bottom of the door.

Ok. Washer did fit where BigJohn said. Today i disassembled whole door. Electric lock is burnt out, window motor works great. Gonna clean everything.
QUESTION.
Does anyone know if this bracket was welded on the track or not. Its the track on the door handle side of the door. There are matching rusty spots on each piece but i couldn't see any weld unless it was one of those factory little spots.

IMG_20230411_104246069.jpg

IMG_20230411_104221240.jpg

IMG_20230411_104151985.jpg

My gut suspicion is that all window tracks should be secured to the door shell. Otherwise they could move around and compromise operation. BUT . . . it might have been secured ENOUGH to get it out of warranty, by a flaky line worker or malfunctioning/misadjusted welder, possibly? Not unlike the famous "hidden rattle Coke bottle"?

By observation, many of Chrysler's "problems" were not related to design and engineering, but quality control in production.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I'm 99% sure that should be welded there...

Mine had a broken weld at the bottom bracket.

Want to be sure? Pull the door panel off the other side.

Well i tried the window with the tracks set, and with them loose, and motor still struggling runs a little then stops and hums. I gave the window a hand and it runs a couple more inches then hums. Dont see any thing stopping the glass

My gut suspicion is that all window tracks should be secured to the door shell. Otherwise they could move around and compromise operation. BUT . . . it might have been secured ENOUGH to get it out of warranty, by a flaky line worker or malfunctioning/misadjusted welder, possibly? Not unlike the famous "hidden rattle Coke bottle"?

By observation, many of Chrysler's "problems" were not related to design and engineering, but quality control in production.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
According to parts manual, all the a, b, etc did not have a top brace. All the c did have top and bottom bracket

Back