Windshield interchange?

volaredon

Reaction score
72 Fury wagon. What years will interchange? I know of a 77 fury 4 door (c body fury of course, not the b body one.... I happen to have a 78 b body fury myself) in a junkyard. Would that one work? I'm on the FABO site and others but 1st post on C body version. I have other mopars, grew up with C bodies, helping my son with this one.

72 Fury wagon. What years will interchange? I know of a 77 fury 4 door (c body fury of course, not the b body one.... I happen to have a 78 b body fury myself) in a junkyard. Would that one work? I'm on the FABO site and others but 1st post on C body version. I have other mopars, grew up with C bodies, helping my son with this one.
Per Hollander, any 1969-1973 Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth c-body Station Wagon or 4 door Sedan 41 c-body windshield from Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler c-body will interchange. 4 door HT and 2 door c-body will not interchange

I've been there, looking for stuff for the first 72 fury wagon my son had. Too bad I forgot it was Mopar national weekend and he wasn't home.... We go camping about 20 miles from Murray's place every year /coincidentally on that weekend/ though I have never made it to the Mopar nats ... Thought I'd stop by a couple of years ago, "on my way thru" and it wound up being "for naught". I guess he lives down the road from his yard, I called the number and left a message, his wife did come down and meet with me, we had a nice talk.
Just trying to make use of some resources closer to home if I can. Murray, is 2 states away.
I know the 74 and up are considered "different" somehow, but never knew the nitty gritty.
My parents had several c bodies over the years growing up, I remember a 65, a 67, a 68, a 72
And a 73, with all but the 68 being wagons. For some reason after the 73, Dad went to b bodies....
both cars and vans (yeah I know b body van and b body car were quite different------ but for purpose of writing this "it just fit") none were anywhere close to new by the time we got them.
I too have had a b van and a few late b body mopars over the years.
Ps/ doing this on my phone damn auto correct has a mind of its own/ I've had to edit this thing 3x now as a result, soon as I hit "save" I see something else it screwed up on me /NO, make that 4x now

Last edited:
Chassis/body wise is there much interchangeable between the "fuselage" ones and the later ones?
There is most of a 69 C-wagon in the same place as the 77 I asked about, but the windshield in the 69 they have us cloudy around the edges, the one in the 77 wasn't the last time I saw it.
I had a 79 d100 that the windshield did that on.

Not much interchanges btw ’69-’73 Fuselage and ’74-’78 Formal. The engine and tranny do. The rear axle might. Not much else.

I've been there, looking for stuff for the first 72 fury wagon my son had. Too bad I forgot it was Mopar national weekend and he wasn't home.... We go camping about 20 miles from Murray's place every year /coincidentally on that weekend/ though I have never made it to the Mopar nats ... Thought I'd stop by a couple of years ago, "on my way thru" and it wound up being "for naught". I guess he lives down the road from his yard, I called the number and left a message, his wife did come down and meet with me, we had a nice talk.
Just trying to make use of some resources closer to home if I can. Murray, is 2 states away.
I know the 74 and up are considered "different" somehow, but never knew the nitty gritty.
My parents had several c bodies over the years growing up, I remember a 65, a 67, a 68, a 72
And a 73, with all but the 68 being wagons. For some reason after the 73, Dad went to b bodies....
both cars and vans (yeah I know b body van and b body car were quite different------ but for purpose of writing this "it just fit") none were anywhere close to new by the time we got them.
I too have had a b van and a few late b body mopars over the years.
Ps/ doing this on my phone damn auto correct has a mind of its own/ I've had to edit this thing 3x now as a result, soon as I hit "save" I see something else it screwed up on me /NO, make that 4x now
GPS in the area Murray lives stinks. Most of the time he will meet you down the road, and you follow him to his house or yard.

He wasn't there, I took a "shot in the dark" chance that he might be, as I pass the sign for the turnoff headed to his town on the way to where we camp each year.
Some of my other "junk" includes an old apache pop up camper, and we have a get together every year that happens to be held the same weekend as the Mopar nats is, between Norwalk and Sandusky Ohio. Tiffin, where Murray is, is about 1/2 hour west (give or take) of our campground, and coming from Illinois I have to pass that on the way.

He wasn't there, I took a "shot in the dark" chance that he might be, as I pass the sign for the turnoff headed to his town on the way to where we camp each year.
Some of my other "junk" includes an old apache pop up camper, and we have a get together every year that happens to be held the same weekend as the Mopar nats is, between Norwalk and Sandusky Ohio. Tiffin, where Murray is, is about 1/2 hour west (give or take) of our campground, and coming from Illinois I have to pass that on the way.
Murray has to have a 1969-1973 fuselage station wagon or 1969-1973 fuselage 41 body 4-door sedan with a clear windshield. Maybe call him and ask if he has some piano wire to help remove it. Or take some with you. You can wrap the end of the wire around a piece of dowel rod, feed it through at a corner, have an assistant on the other side wrap it around a separate piece of dowel rod and slowly carefully work your way around the window. (I broke one before on my own parts car. DOH! Went too fast.)

Other members will probably have recs on the best trim removal too. I have used wide metal gasket scrapers with some success.

He will probably have it out and waiting for you. That is what he did when I got the glass for the Newport,(3 pieces), from him.

I havent tried to call him recently. When I was out there before, the car we were working on then, didn't need a windshield. I didn't make it to Ohio this year. I would be surprised, if he didn't have one.
I just know of a couple of C bodies closer to me, that I was wanting to see about if they'd fit/ want to exhaust those possibilities before I think about a road trip to Ohio. Thanks for the info.
still have a couple to look at nearby, and see if they have good glass, first.

The parts car ended up having issues with it's windshield once out,. I ended up picking up one from Murray Park while i was out in Ohio a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely ridiculous what it cost.

The parts car ended up having issues with it's windshield once out,. I ended up picking up one from Murray Park while i was out in Ohio a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely ridiculous what it cost.
can I ask what you had to pay for the windshield??

That's actually quite reasonable given the current unavailability/cost for new windshields.

I sure wouldn't have thought that. That didn't include the 13 hours on the road (round trip) ....... luckily, I was out there anyway.
I feel if I had a shed full of them (I Don't, so don't ask/haha) I'd bet id be scrapping them, cuz nobody would be wanting them.... though I got that possibility hanging over my head with TJ Jeep wheels ... have had them listed a few places for 3 months now. Not a peep.

Back