Status
Not open for further replies.

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
image.jpg
image.jpg
I bought this car sight unseen last week. I saved it from a demo guy who was going to buy it. So I had to act quick. A friend of mine picked it up for me yesterday & has it at his house. I was going to pick it up from his place saturday, but we are having ice, sleet & snow. He told me the floors are gone. No title or keys. Slant 6 with 3 on the column. He said it looks like it may run. I would like to sell it. I really don't want to part out a rare car. Only the second one I've come across. The first one was in a junk yard & the lady who owned it was crushing cars as fast as she could drag them out because scrap metal was gold at the time. I couldn't get her to hold it. So I lost that one to the Chineese. I don't know much about this one yet. When I get it over to the shop & look it over & take pics. I think it would make a very cool car. I would put a poly 318 in it. Anyway just thought I'd get the word out if any of you guys are interested.

Thanks for saving another one, Bob.
Even if no one grabs it, you put in the effort.

Would it not be great if RWD cars were banned in derbies. Get rid of all the Tauruses (Tauri?) junking up the Buy Here - Pay Here lots.

Thanks for saving another one, Bob.
Even if no one grabs it, you put in the effort.

Would it not be great if RWD cars were banned in derbies. Get rid of all the Tauruses (Tauri?) junking up the Buy Here - Pay Here lots.

Yes it would. Or imports too for that matter.

If you ever decide to part it Bob, the Aussie market is the place to go for selling parts, as an example, if the grille assy is near mint you can easily ask a minimum $1000US for it. This model of car in the phoenix version was sold as a sedan in Australia.

If you ever decide to part it Bob, the Aussie market is the place to go for selling parts, as an example, if the grille assy is near mint you can easily ask a minimum $1000US for it. This model of car in the phoenix version was sold as a sedan in Australia.
I have tried to sell in the Ausie market. I have 2 or 3 Facebook friends down there. Problem is I'm half a world away & the shipping is outrageous. Unless you know of a direct shipper that's cheap. They are not in a hurry.

Last edited:
Nice work Bob, I have to agree with Stan. Saved just in the nick of time, good effort.
I will be keeping an eager eye on this thread :)
Also, old school is rock solid around here too !

I was hoping I could get it tomorrow, but the 4X4's & quads have made a mess of all the roads around here. No scraper has come by yet. So it may sit at my buds place a few more days
--- Post updated ---
image.jpg
image.jpg
I stopped by my buds house & took these pics today. It need floors & trunk. I could smell gas so probably a fuel tank. Some rot in the very lower driver side fender & quarter. Seats looked good. The chrome on the body side was dinged all around so I'd just leave it off. This is a pretty slick looking car. A Polly 318 with the three speed & a dual quad intake. I can see a lot of potential. I took a lot of pics if you guys want to see them

I was hoping I could get it tomorrow, but the 4X4's & quads have made a mess of all the roads around here. No scraper has come by yet. So it may sit at my buds place a few more days
--- Post updated ---
View attachment 70244 View attachment 70244 I stopped by my buds house & took these pics today. It need floors & trunk. I could smell gas so probably a fuel tank. Some rot in the very lower driver side fender & quarter. Seats looked good. The chrome on the body side was dinged all around so I'd just leave it off. This is a pretty slick looking car. A Polly 318 with the three speed & a dual quad intake. I can see a lot of potential. I took a lot of pics if you guys want to see them

Oh yes. Post any pic's you have. I love the car. What a great DD it would be.

This car has those great Virgil Exner styling. I love the fins. Visiting mom right now. When I get home I'll post the pics.
--- Post updated ---
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
UNBELIVEABLE.
My bud just called. He found the Title & the key. He also found receipts in the glove box where the engine was rebuilt. He said the engine looks to havd been painted & looks good. So that's a game changer. I'm betting this car has floor pans & trunk pans avaliable.
--- Post updated ---
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Some more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back