SOLD 1960 Dodge Senaca

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be cool with a "Whale" motor &. 4 Speed, black steel wheels. The car has an add on A/C also

I'm pretty sure you are. I think they dropped the fluid drive after 53' and went to the two speed power flite in 54. However, I will find it hard to believe they would re-cast the block just to match the power flite, unless.... the 354 was nothing more than a punched out 331, which came out in 56. Then they may have done just that. I haven't seen a 54 in person in years.
The 354 was a bored 331. The stroke and deck height is the same.

It's not surprising that they cut the block down. If you look at a Fluid Drive Chrysler with a M-6 semi automatic trans, the bellhousing is almost twice as long. You have a huge fluid drive unit with a conventional clutch bolted to it. You don't need that length with just a converter.

image.jpg
Well. I see it's got some rot around the rear glass.

image.jpg
Check out these roof scoops. They face rearward, but are absolutely cool. Never seen a car with these on the roof before. This is really a cool car

image.jpg
Check this out fella's. Took the radiator cap off for a look & I saw clean & green. Lots of reciepts in the glove box. Looks like the engine was rebuilt by a local machine shop in 95. New brakes, alignment, & tune up in 95. Receiver drier in 96. Several state inspections. Last registered in August 2002. Oil was black , but full & no water mixed

I think it's kinda cool to have a slant six in this car.

I would leave it alone, especially since it sounds like it's ready to go and you don't have to spend any money on it.

Cooling system lookslike it's in very good condition.

Remove the rot with metal, prime the crap out of the the new metal areas...
Body's finished. Repairs next.

Guys I hate to say this, but I looked this car over pretty good & in my opinion it cant be saved. It's better suited as a parts car & can help save other cars. Even if I get it running. I need to recoup my capital so unless someone wants it soon I will start dismantling it soon. I'm not a restoration guy. Im a hot rodder & dismantler. That's what I'm good at. Sorry. I love restored cars. And have HUGH respect for the quality ones. Just not in my DNA. I hate it cause this is such a cool car

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back