For Sale 1970 300 covertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixpkrt

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not my car, but I contacted the owner in MI for info. It's too much a project for me, but a good start for someone maybe?
CL ad:

1970 Chrysler 300

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: green
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: convertible

Rare find - only 1,019 of these made in 1970. Has original matching numbers rebuilt 440 V8 engine with 4 barrel carburetor. Engine runs and car moves on its own, but needs brakes checked. Original working 727 automatic transmission with working factory console shift still installed inside the car.
Factory front bucket seats.
Original complete interior in very good condition.
Body is pretty solid and inside floor pans are very solid.
Good set of tires on factory 15 inch wheels on the car.
Original factory convertible top still on the car.
Price is $3800.00 or best offer.

Photos available upon request.
Serious inquiries only please.
For more details, please call or text me. Mike at 586 863 7539 cell.

MI 300 1.jpg
MI 300 2.jpg
MI 300 3.jpg
MI 300 4.jpg
MI 300 5.jpg

This is the same car that was for sale for many months in Michigan with no takers because of rust. It was discussed fully in another thread on this forum:

For Sale - 70 300 vert buckets console

Unfortunately, no one listed all the photos from the original Craigslist ad when it was first posted here, so those are now lost.

Here is the new listing by the way:

1970 Chrysler 300 convertible

It looks like someone also in Michigan now thought he might be able to market it better than the original person who listed it earlier for something like $2200. This thread doesn't include photos of the passenger side, which is even worse with rust in the rear quarters as shown in the one remaining photo from the first thread. I would expect the rear frame rails at least in the rear of the body to be pretty bad.

img_0586-jpg.110113

In the distant past, I would have bought a car like this the first time it appeared on Craigslist, but these days I am showing more restraint. :stop:

But I believe this is a really low miles car given the original paint with the pin stripes that are actually factory correct (very rare anymore) and the engine compartment is pretty nice and so is the interior. To me it deserves to be worth considering to save, but if not, it would make one hell of a parts car.

Thanks sixpkrt for calling the guy and listing the photos he made available to you. Good move!

Last edited:
I wouldn't want a vert anyway BUT thats a few to many holes for me.

At the first seller's price of $2200, I'd say that was OK. Great parts car at that price... Potential to restore too. At $3895... Nope. That car is gonna sit around a long time at that price.

What I've noticed, and maybe this is because I own one, it seems like there are a lot of 70 300 verts that have popped up "for sale". It's kind of like the 300H cars...

Attached are the last of the pics the seller sent me....
MI 300 6.jpg
MI 300 7.jpg
MI 300 8.jpg
MI 300 9.jpg
MI 300 10.jpg
MI 300 11.jpg

My garage and fixed income vs. your shop and presumably more income?
No match . I'm out...

Plus, my welding sux.
Lol yea this one needs a ton of work. Still a pretty interesting car that would be fun to tackle. It is certainly a car you would have to be committed to. Thing I like about it, is that it appears there would not be many hidden issues as paint, etc looks original.

And red hoses, it stinks of late 70s stuff .... still worthy of a look. AND a T quad is awesome

AND a T quad is awesome

Only to those who know how to work on them and tune them right. I'd rather have a Holley than one of those plastic bodied things. Lost the entire side of my carburetor when the TQ on my 360 Cordoba broke a hole in the body. That was fun trying to find out why 4 cylinders were firing and four were not. Once I discovered they were in the order of the dual-plane intake I discovered the problem. Eeek!

There was a guy in Bakersfield who was known as the King of the TQs. It was he who rebuilt mine. I will admit it ran like a top! But, I'd still rather not have one.

Kinda funny to see this car again. I didn't remember it at first until I saw hte wide-whitewall sitting on the trailer. But my assessment came out the same again. Orig paint, has lots of rust but body lines are *really* straight looking, and looks like an unbutchered car for the most part. Too good to casually discard as junk.

I understand the sentiment about spending more $$ and getting a better-condition car, but when those pop up we pretty much pick those apart on flaws (like a pale yellow/green 70 'vert we discussed a few months ago), so might as well spend less initially and put it together the way you want.

Although rust that far up the rear wheelhouse does make me shiver!

Only to those who know how to work on them and tune them right. I'd rather have a Holley than one of those plastic bodied things. Lost the entire side of my carburetor when the TQ on my 360 Cordoba broke a hole in the body. That was fun trying to find out why 4 cylinders were firing and four were not. Once I discovered they were in the order of the dual-plane intake I discovered the problem. Eeek!

Trust me, you wouldn't rather have at least an original 1969 or 70 Holley that was standard equipment on the standard 440 back in the day. They were all junk within two years due to cheap castings/material that warped after a few years. New Holleys are fine, but not the old ones. The Thermoquad was a good carb and unless the plastic bowl gets warped or someone leaves out the two O rings, they run great (and if you get the secondary air valve adjustment dialed in).

I'll stick with an AFB, AVS type carbs. I nave NO USE for the early 4bbl Hollies and was never impressed with the TQ, especially once they quit working right.

Kinda funny to see this car again. I didn't remember it at first until I saw hte wide-whitewall sitting on the trailer. But my assessment came out the same again. Orig paint, has lots of rust but body lines are *really* straight looking, and looks like an unbutchered car for the most part. Too good to casually discard as junk.

I understand the sentiment about spending more $$ and getting a better-condition car, but when those pop up we pretty much pick those apart on flaws (like a pale yellow/green 70 'vert we discussed a few months ago), so might as well spend less initially and put it together the way you want.

Although rust that far up the rear wheelhouse does make me shiver!
Only thing I will add is in the end, rust high up a quarter vs midway is a moot point. When you replace mid you almost always end up cutting high up to weld on a body line. That's why when I evaluate a car. Rust even in small spots in the wrong places still can end up being a large panel replacement anyway. So rust like this doesn't scare me off that bad. Windshield channels and bad trunk gutters are way worse for me than trunk floors and quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back