For Sale 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger/Heaavy Duty.3250.Lakewood Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCRig

Reaction score
Contact seller
1973 Dodge Dart Swinger/Heavy Duty
Hello. I'm listing my Mopar. It is a beautiful survivor/(previous)resto. It is not perfect but, it starts, drives, and stops fine. It has many Rare factory options, too: front disk brakes and huge rear drums, anti-sway bar, Super-stock leaf springs, '742' big spline 8 3/4" Sure Grip rear axle, to name a few. It also came from the factory with: rear window defogger, rear window defroster, remote trunk lid opener, map light 1, map light 2, engine hood light, trunk lid light, dual racing mirrors, 3 speed wipers, extra sound deadening features, and a very rare horn ring steering wheel. The interior is very nice, but not perfect. It also has some very rare options too: high-back bucket seats, shoulder harness safety belts, crushed velvet cream, front and rear dash mats, and shag carpet. The exterior looks good, but is not perfect. The Dart is metallic bronze and has been repainted at some point. The under-carriage is in good shape. There are some rust spots on the body, but minor for this year car. It appears that the car is only missing the rear window chrome trim. In my opinion, the car is a 'barn find' survivor, that has very little mileage for a 70's era car. At some point the car was fitted as a military Police patroller or officer's car(my guess only). Which leads me to the odd but nicely configured 2bbl 225 slant six and heavy duty 904 auto trans under the hood. This is what I know about the motor which purrs with a slight cam: forged crank, Mopar 2bbl intake manifold, Carter 2bbl carb, factory 2 1/8" exhaust(I added AAR style duals with glasspaks and chrome tips), heavy-duty radiator, overflow reservoir, 5 blade clutch fan w/shroud, external trans cooler, high-amp alternator, electric fuel pump, (on the fly) Mallory adjustable timing, AC, PS, PB, and some things I'm forgetting at the moment. And to make things even more odd, if the 8 3/4" rear axle and 2bbl Super Six motor wasn't weird enough... I bought the car with police push bars, fog lamps, headlight covers, and police 15" slotted wheels and dog dish hub caps!! So, I don't know much else about it, other than I love to drive it up and down Colfax Ave, like a flashback from the 80s! It's licensed, insured, and is my grocery getter. I think the the person that buys it will be very happy. I've owned it for only a year and bought it because I used to street-race a '73 Sport 340 4 speed back in the day. Anyway, I bought land in Missouri and need a rec vehicle of sorts. Please, the price is very fair considering the rare parts on the car and that the buyer can drive it home like a Cool Cat, and not have to take out a second mortgage. Hands down, no other Dart on CL has these options, I'm sure. $3250 is what I have in this car. Absolutely no test drive w/o the cash in hand.
keywords: plymouth, challenger, barracuda, cuda, scamp, chrysler, charger, scat, hemi, 426, 383, 340, 318, 360, 440, 413, maxwedge, wedge, 273, roadrunner, gtx, hyper) Pretender or Contender, in other words,factory options,or ad-ons non the less, interesting little Swinger.
00T0T_bByhdNk3gqu_600x450.jpg
00X0X_byot240JgAr_600x450.jpg
00B0B_f7T041tgHMT_600x450.jpg
01515_aFAujbZiLBA_600x450.jpg
00u0u_j67G3FPdPzi_600x450.jpg
00101_DE1zWtFUtr_600x450.jpg
01414_jF2hnckCdhI_600x450.jpg
00u0u_5aYXzjPj0pt_600x450.jpg
00k0k_6JHWFwcujCL_600x450.jpg
00101_4uZxRM3ceM8_600x450.jpg

Beautiful car with a very fair price. GLWS
Engine pic:
00u0u_jMjO1rsoGwr_600x450.jpg

Beak Cars are terrible. The Barbra Streisand of cars. This one aint that bad though.

GOTTA find the lineage. Strange car. And intriguing to me, at least.
Any Dart related Forums abuzz about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back