For Sale 1973 dodge polara police car, the real deal, texas police pkg. Mopar big block

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1970 Fury III ex-WSP squad with M code vin (not K code) with documentaion from Chrysler to WSP. Motor rebuilt before me. Cosmetically redone 10 years ago. I have owned approx 14 years.

100_0226_resized.jpg100_0225_resized.jpg

100_0226_resized.jpg

100_0225_resized.jpg

100_0225_resized.jpg

Exactly.... If you're the same guy who has a wanted ad for ex dps cars I've spoken with you before.

This! I remember it and called on it. It still had the picture of it on the tow dolly. Hispanic man who spoke little English was selling it (I think the ad was even in Spanish?). At the time the price was less than $2,000 but just sold when I called on it.

To me even if it is a police package car and used by the parks department it is still a fake (insert agency here) car if you equip it that way.

Saying it is a (insert agency here) car is saying it was used by them.

Alan

But was it really. We know it's a special order car. We also know it has a Dm vin. The seller can say what he wants I call nonsense on this one. You can walk into a dealership and special order a car. The fact that non of the police equipment is even documented makes me skeptical. Why would a parks and wildlife need a as he refers to it a dps police package car? Why would the txdep of public safety not order a base model? is his 400 for 440 story real ether?...

Why would a parks and wildlife need a as he refers to it a dps police package car? Why would the txdep of public safety not order a base model? is his 400 for 440 story real ether?...
Why would my FumBuck county just recently buy this.
Because they can.

AR-150529978.jpg

The Sheriff says they bought it in light of the increase in terrorism in this country...

cattleranch.JPG

It is all about being bigger and badder.

Prove its a real police packaged car, ok but regardless of the agency I'd still be interested. Obviously, some agency's over others have more of a wow factor.

A gentleman who followed a few of my auctions sent me this. More Fusie police cars.

Mid 1970's vintage Polaroid (not the best quality but you can tell what these are), a salvage yard presumably in Virginia or thereabouts.

A flock of 1973 Virginia State Police GF's gone "10-42". At least six of them..maybe more out of the shot.

1973 VSP Furys .jpg

1973 VSP Furys .jpg

But was it really. We know it's a special order car. We also know it has a Dm vin. The seller can say what he wants I call nonsense on this one. You can walk into a dealership and special order a car. The fact that non of the police equipment is even documented makes me skeptical. Why would a parks and wildlife need a as he refers to it a dps police package car? Why would the txdep of public safety not order a base model? is his 400 for 440 story real ether?...

This car has been discussed in length on a Cop car group on facebook. The DPS Ordered Polara Custom's as well as one of the guys is restoring a documented car, his car is optioned identical to this one, the general feeling is that this car could have been ordered on a "Piggyback" order of the DPS.

This car has been discussed in length on a Cop car group on facebook. The DPS Ordered Polara Custom's as well as one of the guys is restoring a documented car, his car is optioned identical to this one, the general feeling is that this car could have been ordered on a "Piggyback" order of the DPS.

good info. One of my B-Body E86 A38 cars was a Texas Wildlife Dept car..sure Grip, Velour seats,.the works.

on the Polaras though, if the VIN's are close together, that's a clue they may have been bought in a bunch by the DPS. Seen this occur many times.

A gentleman who followed a few of my auctions sent me this. More Fusie police cars.

Mid 1970's vintage Polaroid (not the best quality but you can tell what these are), a salvage yard presumably in Virginia or thereabouts.

A flock of 1973 Virginia State Police GF's gone "10-42". At least six of them..maybe more out of the shot.

View attachment 52582

I wish I had the hindsight to have taken photos at the yards. Going back 30 years there was a local yard that had 9 Camden city police cars. All 71 Polaras, two were wagons. All sitting together, . I went back 15 years ago and the same old guy was there. He said they were crushed years ago.
Old man Harry is dead now and the yard is closed but the building and grounds are still there. When I drive by I can see the ghosts of those 9 Polaras and still hear Harry yammering. ....

So is the consensus that this is not a 'cop' of some official capacity?

Glenn

I wish I had the hindsight to have taken photos at the yards. Going back 30 years there was a local yard that had 9 Camden city police cars. All 71 Polaras, two were wagons. All sitting together, . I went back 15 years ago and the same old guy was there. He said they were crushed years ago.
Old man Harry is dead now and the yard is closed but the building and grounds are still there. When I drive by I can see the ghosts of those 9 Polaras and still hear Harry yammering. ....

I didnt start prowling yards till I was about 30. then i was hooked. aside from my "snakes and rats" debacle chasing my Boss 429, its fun to walk the yard.

But back in the mid-70's I had family friends (who then were my age now) who trolled the auctions (michigan and ohio) grabbing up 10-15 ex-police cars at a time. They took us kids along on occasion some saturday mornings.

I know they harvested powertrains from some, and sold others to taxi companies. My recollection is they paid $200-$400 apiece, '69-'74 B and C body Mopars mostly.

Anyway, i KNOW we took pics with/of these cars at the auction. All lined up in a row,..wagons, sedans, coupes .. in an outside fenced in area.

I am gonna rattle the cage of my childhood buddy whose folks were in this business..see if we can find some of these pics. Its a longshot after all these years, but it would be fun to see if I can find them and post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back