Always garge kept
Never drove in the winter
Looking to trade for a hotrod or classic have cash to boot or 6000 cash
423 241 0355

aa.jpg

aa2.jpg

aa3.jpg

aa4.jpg

When I worked for Chrysler engineering, we had one of these 1979 Magnums with the 360-4 bbl engine assigned to our department for company use. It was truly one of Chrysler's best vehicles ever. A joy to drive and a really solid, quiet vehicle. I will never forget that car. This one is easily worth the money from what I see.

That one is a keeper... could it be the next generation hasn't figured out how to appreciate it? "One family owned"...

My local junkyard has a 78 360 GT. T- top car. Pretty picked over but i think those are pretty rare to have all them options.

My local junkyard has a 78 360 GT. T- top car. Pretty picked over but i think those are pretty rare to have all them options.

Photo of mine. Didn't know it at the time but supposedly only 1 of about 300 made, '79 Magnum XE GT with T-tops. Basically gave it away ($375) after 200k miles. Should have kept it.

Magnum #03.jpg

Photo of mine. Didn't know it at the time but supposedly only 1 of about 300 made, '79 Magnum XE GT with T-tops. Basically gave it away ($375) after 200k miles. Should have kept it.

View attachment 86312
That is EXACTLY what the car looks like. I just junked the hood off of it. Had it laying around. White Red stripes...maybe it is the same car?

That is EXACTLY what the car looks like. I just junked the hood off of it. Had it laying around. White Red stripes...maybe it is the same car?

You said the one you know of is a '78. Mine was a '79, there are some differences although very similar.
Do you have the VIN#? I know what mine was.

You said the one you know of is a '78. Mine was a '79, there are some differences although very similar.
Do you have the VIN#? I know what mine was.
well it might be a 78 who knows. I can get the vin as i am intrigued now. Did your car have Hidden headlights? Do all Magnums have them? I know this one did.

...Did your car have Hidden headlights?

Yes, the covers are clear though as shown in the photo. If it isn't too much trouble, I would appreciate knowing the VIN. Chances are small that it is the same one, BUT you never know....

Will try to keep it short. Carmine went to look at this car for me. Guy who has it is a flipper(don't care either way)and was fairly upfront about the car,for the most part. Has some cosmetic issues with the biggest being about 3" of surface rust on the bottom part of the body. As per Carmine there are no holes. He was supposed to be there when the car was inspected so Carmine could drive it and repeatedly said he would show. He did not. Talked to him the next day and made an offer contingent on Carmine road testing it. He said many times in our conversations that the car runs out fine. He did not accept my offer, which was $500 less than he was seeking. I was not budging. He winds up calling on Sunday and says he will take the offer but it has to be done by Monday and money has to be wired right away....uh no. Told him again that car needs to be road tested and had Carmine lined up to go today{Monday). Carmine texted him and no response. I wound up calling him and he was on the road back to Tennessee. Asked if anyone would be around to test drive the car and was told no. I said, ok, will let Carmine know to cancel for today and he abruptly said ok and hung up the phone.
Carmine and I discussed this and we believe he is trying to hide something that shows up when the car is driven. Don't like to accuse without proof, but just wanted to throw a warning out there to anyone who wants to read this. Feel free to pass it along.

Will try to keep it short. Carmine went to look at this car for me. Guy who has it is a flipper(don't care either way)and was fairly upfront about the car,for the most part. Has some cosmetic issues with the biggest being about 3" of surface rust on the bottom part of the body. As per Carmine there are no holes. He was supposed to be there when the car was inspected so Carmine could drive it and repeatedly said he would show. He did not. Talked to him the next day and made an offer contingent on Carmine road testing it. He said many times in our conversations that the car runs out fine. He did not accept my offer, which was $500 less than he was seeking. I was not budging. He winds up calling on Sunday and says he will take the offer but it has to be done by Monday and money has to be wired right away....uh no. Told him again that car needs to be road tested and had Carmine lined up to go today{Monday). Carmine texted him and no response. I wound up calling him and he was on the road back to Tennessee. Asked if anyone would be around to test drive the car and was told no. I said, ok, will let Carmine know to cancel for today and he abruptly said ok and hung up the phone.
Carmine and I discussed this and we believe he is trying to hide something that shows up when the car is driven. Don't like to accuse without proof, but just wanted to throw a warning out there to anyone who wants to read this. Feel free to pass it along.
Well screw all that...

Thank you for the heads up. I'm wondering if it has Lean Burn issues or some other issues from being in storage for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back