For Sale '60 300F

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about 61 New Yorkers, Steve? A junkyard i went to as a Kid had a 61 New Yorker convertible. I think they only made 500 or so.

For some reason unknown to me, Zach, the 61 New Yorkers are relatively easy to find, although a convertible is not. I even have 2 of them, both coupes, that I will use to make one nice one. But I have yet to find a decent 60 New Yorker coupe reasonably priced or even available. But Stan seems to have the golden touch, although that one will need a lot of work.

Steve, your 300F is outstanding ! Full credit to you and a great story behind it as well - Mark.

Now, if I could just get my hands on that NewYorker and piece it together with my Windsor...

IMG_0220 (Large).JPG
IMG_0220.5.jpg

No, they were not an option in a New Yorker, and were available only on the 300F in the Chrysler line. But the ram induction engine was available in various Plymouth and Dodge models.
Agreed, something is goofy with this one. Backyard engineering I think. Probably tried to make his own version of a 300 engine and failed miserably. Been there... done that. I bought a long ram setup from a guy when I had that 60 DeSoto and tried to install it... lol you guessed it. Wouldn't idle below 1800! But boy it sounded good. I was only 18 or so at the time, and didn't know it needed a different cam etc.... to get it to run right. Put the old carb and manifold back on, and eventually sold it. At least I had a 300 F for a day! LOL

What a beauty that wagon is !

The wheels on the NewYorker got me thinking ... SORRY folks for the next image ( content and quality ), but I just had to get it out of my head :)

IMG_0220.5 general LEE.jpg

I have the 1961 Dealer information and only the 350 hp single four bbl engine was available in a New Yorker. The ram induction was not. People say lots of things.
mine was a golden lion 413... I don't think there were any optional engines...

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: That's actually in better shape than the one I gave up in the 80s...
img_0220-5-jpg.84899

But I can't... I shouldn't... golly I want that...

mine was a golden lion 413... I don't think there were any optional engines...

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: That's actually in better shape than the one I gave up in the 80s...
img_0220-5-jpg.84899

But I can't... I shouldn't... golly I want that...

If it had been originally equipped with a/c, I would be thinking seriously about it. But it is a bit cobbled together too. 61 dash pad, etc. Price isn't so bad so far................

That two toned blue '61 New Yorker Wagon belongs to a friend of mine in the Eastern 300 club. I had the Batwagon at Carlisle in '12 and he came over to drool on it while he was still working on his '61. A few minor pieces from my stash found their way onto his '61 and it IZ GORGEOUS beyond belief, but that's the way John iz with everything in hiz fleet

That two toned blue '61 New Yorker Wagon belongs to a friend of mine in the Eastern 300 club. I had the Batwagon at Carlisle in '12 and he came over to drool on it while he was still working on his '61. A few minor pieces from my stash found their way onto his '61 and it IZ GORGEOUS beyond belief, but that's the way John iz with everything in hiz fleet

Definitely a magazine quality effort.

Kevin

The NewYorker auction has reopened with a start of $16000.00. Rather expensive this car hobby. He is still fairly certain it is a factory crossram car thou ...

Does anyone know what option the Q9 refers to ?

Chrysler: New Yorker

s-l1600567.jpg

The NewYorker auction has reopened with a start of $16000.00. Rather expensive this car hobby. He is still fairly certain it is a factory crossram car thou ...

Does anyone know what option the Q9 refers to ?

Chrysler: New Yorker

View attachment 86243

I guess a dealer could have installed a cross ram set up before sale, but why would they do that when an F has one originally available from the factory? If it really had one from the factory, somehow, we would have heard about it before now IMO. Obviously no one believes him or they would have bid higher than $12.5K.

I guess a dealer could have installed a cross ram set up before sale, but why would they do that when an F has one originally available from the factory? If it really had one from the factory, somehow, we would have heard about it before now IMO. Obviously no one believes him or they would have bid higher than $12.5K.
That would take some serious documentation to sell to anyone who cares about these cars...

I believe it to be rear speaker. It is in a '62 IIRC

Interesting. My Chrysler has a T7 option, which I understand to be a golden tone radio with the rear speaker kit ( option 427 ) and it also has the Q9 option. It would seem pointless to have two option codes refering to the same item. I think the code system may have been altered after '61 but I'm not certain on that.

Any body 'sidez me look close at the engine pix? That driverz side 4bbl doesn't look like any AFB I've ever seen. All though different numbers from the Long Rams to the Short Rams all had the correct AFBz for all the yearz with the fuel line coming into the passenger carburetor on the inboard side then "Ting" 90* and going straight to the inboard side of the carburetor on the driverz side. Where iz that line in the pix???????????? And all though not seen in the pix and dealer installed I wonder if the dealer replaced both inner fenderz with the correct access panelz?????? The plot thickenz?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back