66 New Yorker

Joepilot

Reaction score
Hi guys. Brand new to this forum. I have a 66 New Yorker 4 door Sedan. My grandpa bought the car brand new and it's been in the family ever since. It's a true survivor. Original all the way around with just one little piece of chrome that is broken and a small body crease on the left side. Paint and interior are very good to excellent. The engine had a inframe ring job back in the early 70's other than that it's never been touched. Hasn't ran in about 8 years but I am sure it would fire up. I am going to start to work on it this winter to get it roadworthy again. Brakes, tuneup ect. Would like to make it a family Sunday cruiser so looking for ideas on how to dress it up a little making it look a little more modern. without wrecking the car. Wheels/tires. Suspension???

Welcome, the story sounds great. We love pictures. The first thing I would do after getting it running is to do all of the brakes. When I did mine I replaced all of the hard lines and the rubber lines. I used Ni-Copp for the hard lines. It is wondeful to work with and they;ll never rust out again.

PA170001.JPG
PA170002.JPG

How bout a nice set of hub caps?

Be awhile for some pictures. Got to get it out of storage and to the shop and wash 20 years of dirt off of it. Brakes need work all the way around. Been looking into a disc conversion. It's a bench.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Got a couple of pics with it in the barn yet. Hoping to get it out and cleaned up soon. As you can see in the photo the interior in mint. Forgot to mention it has a Chrystler Autopilot (cruise), power windows and seats, AC. I don't think the cruise ever worked very well.

Thanks!!
I can't wait to take the family out on the town cruising around.

Under all that dirt is great original paint that will come to life with a little buffing. Best news is zero rust and no bubbles.

View attachment 98584 View attachment 98582 View attachment 98583 Got a couple of pics with it in the barn yet. Hoping to get it out and cleaned up soon. As you can see in the photo the interior in mint. Forgot to mention it has a Chrystler Autopilot (cruise), power windows and seats, AC. I don't think the cruise ever worked very well.
That looks pretty good! Glad it sat inside away from some of the elements. The only thing i can complain about is the single master cylinder, but anyways its actually pretty easy to install a dual m/c for your own safety.

Welcome aboard. If you have the original 14" rims you may have difficultly finding tires that are the correct diameter of the original bias ply tires. you may wish to upgrade to 15 in rims. Early 70's road wheels or after market magnum 500's are a couple of options to consider.

That looks pretty good! Glad it sat inside away from some of the elements. The only thing i can complain about is the single master cylinder, but anyways its actually pretty easy to install a dual m/c for your own safety.
Thanks. I do plan on upgrading the brake system would like to do a disk convention. Just need to find some time.

Back