For Sale 67 Chrysler Imperial 2 Door Hardtop 440 4BBL 86,000 Miles - $7950

Status
Not open for further replies.
No B or E body interior comes close to these big cars. The Cs just have Class!

This is the kind of loaner car dad would bring home occasionally. Being a car nut kid i’d sit in that car playing with all the power equipment, listening to Keener 13 radio, ‘till the battery went down! I still love the smell of cigars and leather interiors.

I will be checking out the Imperial tomorrow. I don't know if these are signs, but first an empty garage, I finished work on my boat and it was moved out of the garage on Monday. Second I received a 1967 Imperial brochure I ordered last week, also on Monday. I wasn't even going to get on FCBO yesterday morning, but Matt tagged me on this post and the ball was rolling. Lastly I was curious what the OH tags looked like for 1967. I found one on ebay that started with ZZ. The color of the Imperial is Cinnamon Gold code Z, and since the whole car is this color the fender tag is ZZ.

IMG_20171213_180738.jpg
67 license.jpg

I will be checking out the Imperial tomorrow. I don't know if these are signs, but first an empty garage, I finished work on my boat and it was moved out of the garage on Monday. Second I received a 1967 Imperial brochure I ordered last week, also on Monday. I wasn't even going to get on FCBO yesterday morning, but Matt tagged me on this post and the ball was rolling. Lastly I was curious what the OH tags looked like for 1967. I found one on ebay that started with ZZ. The color of the Imperial is Cinnamon Gold code Z, and since the whole car is this color the fender tag is ZZ.

View attachment 156675 View attachment 156676

pbvious popcorn.gif

Ha ha. I have to admit, I'm on the edge of my seat. I SOO want to see this car go to a good home.

More details later, I took a hundred pictures probably. I am out, it was an incredibly solid car the engine ran extremely smooth. I'll be honest it was too much gold. The gold nterior really can't be restored. I'm a color guy and to be honest I don't care for the exterior color either has too much green in it. I guess I've never seen the cinnamon gold before.

I took my good camera with me . If anybody else is interested I can answer all the questions and post pictures later this evening.

Last edited:
More details later I took a hundred pictures probably. I am out of it it was an incredibly solid car the engine just heard I'll be honest it was too much gold. The gold nterior really can't be restored. I'm a color guy and to be honest I don't care for the exterior color either has too much green in it. I guess I've never seen the cinnamon gold before.

I took my good camera with me . if anybody else is interested I can answer all the questions later this evening
Damn. Sh****y time to be 8 grand short.

Mike, the question is: If someone likes how it looks, is it worth 8 grand?
It is absolutely worth the money he said he would take 7500 cash. If it was a restorable black interior I would probably have bought it. If it had a more appealing exterior color for my taste, I would have definitely bought it.

Last edited:
Bummer Mike! Here’s how the fender tag decoded on it.
890E2423-A485-4CC5-87A9-A558C07A9A44.jpeg

A good friend of mine is also interested in the car and we were waiting to see if you were going to pull the trigger on it or if it would still be available. It would be great if you could post pictures of any problem areas that you saw while you were there today and give your thoughts on the car. My friend loves gold and green, so the color won't be a problem for him.

Thanks, Jeff

I will share all the pictures this evening. Everything outside was an easily fixed if you were respaying the car. There is absolutely no rust on this car there can't be too many this solid. There was a very strange chunk out of the front bumper that could be repaired, but it almost looks like a grinder was taken to it.

There are some tears in the leather driver seat and other all pretty toastly throughout. AC, autopilot, drivers vent, and passenger power seat did not work. Power antenna went up but not fully down. Exterior vinyl roof still very good shape.

Exterior paint in good shape few only a few spots where the paint rub through to the primer. No big areas, the hood, trunk, and roof all have solid original paint.

All the Chrome and pot metal are in good shape.

Last edited:
Great. I will tell him to tune in this evening for the latest updates.

It would be interesting if my friend were to buy this car, as I bought my '67 Crown Coupe in from a guy in Salem, Ohio back in 1996, only about 10 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back