For Sale 67 Chrysler Imperial 2 Door Hardtop 440 4BBL 86,000 Miles - $7950

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will share all the pictures this evening. Everything outside was easily fixed if you were repaying the car. There is absolutely no rust on this car there can't be too many this solid. There was a very strange chunk out of the front bumper that could be repaired but it almost looks like a grinder was taken to it.

There are some tears in the leather driver seat. AC did not work autopilot did not work drivers vent didn't work passenger power seat did not work. Power antenna went up but not fully down. Exterior vinyl roof still very good shape.

Exterior paint in good shape few only a few spots where the paint rub through.

All the Chrome and pot metal are in good shape.
Not to put too much on your plate, answer whenever you have a sec, but how was she mechanically? Anything jump out at you that would hinder a long distance day trip?

Not to put too much on your plate, answer whenever you have a sec, but how was she mechanically? Anything jump out at you that would hinder a long distance day trip?

They got 7" of snow last night so I didn't actually drive it. He started it up and back it out of the garage. No smoke, it was definitely a cold start, ran smooth through the fast idle. It warmed up and sat and idled very smooth. No miss or any thing. Goldie doesn't run this smooth.

It went smoothly into gear both backing up and in forward. Nothing looked oily or leaking under the hood. The tires have lots of tread and didn't notice any cracks in the rubber.

If there wasn't salt all over the roads, I would have no problem driving it the 200 miles home for me. I would bet it would run fine all day long too.

Last edited:
I went back and made my earlier posts more readable. I was just dictating into my phone and posting.

IMG_3693.JPG
IMG_3679.JPG
IMG_3680.JPG
IMG_3672.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3677.JPG

Outside flaws notice the chunk out of the bumper above the plate. The rear quarter is hard to see there is a dent halfway back above and below the trim

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

I could find no flaws in the vinyl top no bubbling from behind either. Headliner looked perfect. Tops of the back seats were black. Trunk perfect. Wood trim in back the most weather in the whole car, but overall very good condition and no indication that anyone has tried to restore it.
IMG_3659.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG
IMG_3682.JPG
IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3676.JPG
IMG_3686.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG
IMG_3691.JPG

There where nicks all around the car but nothing seemed past the primer definitely not rusty. If there was anything missing on the car like trim, inside or out I didn't notice. Looked 100% complete. The worst damage on the drivers seat is not shown in the picture, there is a tear of about 4-5 inches on the side not where you sit.

Every exterior plastic from wheel covers to turn lenses had flaws of cracks or lines, but nothing was broken.

Damn, yea, that gold interior didn't hold up. My Monaco (though in way worse shape overall) has the same discoloration issues on the seats and the door panels.

I doubt I'd care much if I could afford that car though. Pretty gorgeous.

A black interior with gold inserts would have been the way to order this car
Agreed, if it had that interior in the same condition I would have bought it. I am pretty sure I would have been more accepting of the exterior color too. If I could buff it out and bring some of the metallic of the finish back, and that would probably kill the green in the gold I was seeing.

On the drive home I was actually thinking what it would take to completely re-due the interior in black.

Last edited:
Looks to be missing at least one interior light bezel and one vent knob.:D
A1F077D0-6D72-4828-9608-DC8F239372F0.jpeg
022EE90E-725B-4603-8936-4E8F13DEBD80.jpeg

Mine also had the brown staining on the leather and it cleans off.

4FD73023-DE96-4C7D-89CC-9100E0E34BBA.jpeg

Last edited:
I suspect that is California sun damage to the leather and it will need to be replaced. Is he firm on the price?

I really hope someone here buys it. Whether just to drive it and enjoy it or to restore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back