'71 Sport Fury

Thanks Cantflip, I'll take your advise. You know what's weird? There doesn't seem too be a shoebox ford forum.

Anyhow I'm not planning on changing her body. I'm gonna do a couple performance upgrades though. Disk brakes, wider tires (atleast an inch, I'm keeping the 14 inch rims though.), better suspension that gets rid of the forward rake the car has, front and rear sway bars, and a volvo 160 power steering box.
Yep, you have the disease... I am sure there are lots of mechanical adventures in store for you and the latest ride. Happy Motoring...

Hey guys, it's been a while. Decided to check up on my old Fury here and I saw that kp6401 really whipped the Fury into shape. Couldn't believe how good it looked. Now a friend of mine found it for sale on this website. Glad Kp was able to sell it, hope he came out alright. Think many of us know how hard it can be to come out ahead on a C body. It's more of a labor of love than something you do for money though heheh.

These days I'm driving an old swedish car. Half the cylinders of the Fury, a third of the power if I'm lucky. But I love my '79 242. It's an easy car to live with and daily. And it keeps my from needing to drive something new and dull. Still, the '71 sport fury and my '95 pontiac grand prix coupe are the only two cars I sold that I still miss. For those wondering, I ended up selling that '50 ford tudor, it was a beautiful car but a pain in the *** to live with hah. Came out ahead on the deal too.

But anyway here's the old Fury 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury
Not sure I agree with the price, but seeing her in that shape felt great. I'm glad she isn't rotting in some field somewhere like she was before. It's sad not to be able to go out and drive her again but I'm glad someone gets to. Feels like a chapter of my life I didn't know was happening just wrapped up.

I'd also like to add a huge thanks to Kp, you did amazing work. Hope you get another classic soon!

Back