73 chrysler newyorker spark plugs

sidsnot

Reaction score
hi any tips on removing number 7 spark plug drivers side rear i cant find away of getting to it any help thanks dave

Loosen the motor mounts and and gently jack the motor an inch or two with a block of wood near the bell housing. You don't want to lift by the oil pan. You should be able to clear the column with an extension and swivel socket.

Try an open or box end wrench from underneath. My plug sockets have a hex at the end that the ratchet attaches to. I slide socket on the plug and use wrench to break it loose from underneath car. Pain in the ***, but easier than coming up with a combo of extensions and 52 u-joints to get at it.

thanks for help. hi i have a 73 newyorker 440 7.2 ,i am in uk dont have workshop manual ,i just phoned the local us parts store in uk and asked for a price for ballast resister ,he came back and said they don't list one ,don't show it has one .well i got a ballast resister on my bulkhead number 365199 4 terminal .do they use ballast resister for anything else.and can anyone tell me if i can get an online workshop manual,and give me a link thanks dave in uk

Mymopar.com has a 73 Service Manual for Dodge cars you can download for free. Most of the components will be the same as your NewYorker or close enough to make an educated guess as to function. For part number lookup I use Rockauto.com they will list most of your general maintenence parts by manufactuer. Take these part numbers to the "expert" behind the parts counter and see if he can cross-reference an interchange number locally. Or just use Rockauto or Summit Racing or one of the many online outfits out of the States.

www.rockauto.com
www.mymopar.com

Back