For Sale A12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
This car is as close to the one I special ordered in March of 69 as I have seen. Remove the vinal top and put a Torqueflite in it, and it would be a duplicate of mine.
2547123-1969-plymouth-road-runner-std.jpg

1969 Plymouth Road Runner for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-896950

I always wanted a A12 car or even a clone (I don't really care about DNA). You have to love their simple all business look.

Beautiful A12. Love the color. Too bad I have nowhere near the amount of money to buy it.

I opened this thinking it was going to be about the '70 Hurst 300.

I think A12's are the "Poster Car" for the Musclecar Era....the hood and the drivetrain make the car. I have no trouble taking the hood off myself.

It would have been cool to have owned one brand new.

Dave

[QUOTE="Dobalovr, Is this a rare car Will? Or is he just :realcrazy:

Yes........ It is a rare car, and yes he is :realcrazy: on the value. Any B body big block 4 speed convertible will command a hefty price. My guess ..... 75K

[QUOTE="commando1,
I wouldn't buy an A12. Takes two people to check the oil.[/QUOTE]

Removing the hood is the easy part Stan. Where to put it sometimes becomes a challenge. It's the reason most A12's had vinal tops. I ordered mine without and carried a blanket in the trunk to place on the top so I could put the hood there.
I would have to verify with the registry but I think there were only two T5 A12 road runner coupes built. this one and mine.
69 A12 new (Large).JPG

I had a few A12s over the years.
And yes, if you don't have a v-roof (which I do not like on A12 B-bodies) it is a pain where to put the hood.

I usually leant it somewhere but of course the corners of the hood got scratches quickly

Where all 69 RR's built with the 6BBL the A-12 with the lift off hood? I assume that the A-12 is the code for the package with the lift off hood and 6BBL. I didn't know if any were made with steel hoods.

I read a story once in Car Craft by Ro Mcgonegal about a 69 RR 6BBL that they were drag testing and doing a article on for a drag publication don't remember if it said it was late 68 or early 69. They parked at the hotel for the night and when they got up to go to the track the throttle pedal was on the floor, when they lifted off the hood the carbs or the carbs and intake where gone. I can't remember for sure. A call to Plymouth and three engineers with parts showed up to repair the car and went to the track for testing. If I remember right the car was a test ringer given to mag's for testing.

Where all 69 RR's built with the 6BBL the A-12 with the lift off hood? I assume that the A-12 is the code for the package with the lift off hood and 6BBL. I didn't know if any were made with steel hoods.

The hood was fiberglass and was part of the A12 package, (also available on Super Bee's). It was listed as a NASCAR style hood with four hold down pins.
The story about the test car having it's induction system stolen is a true one.

Here is a product bulletin listing the componants of the A12 package......
6bbl product bulletin.JPG
6 bbl product bulletin 2.JPG
6 bbl product bulletin 3.JPG

The code ID tag shows the engine to be a 383. The A12 package code indicates the engine to be "383 delete" and the 440 installed in it's place.

The code ID tag shows the engine to be a 383. The A12 package code indicates the engine to be "383 delete" and the 440 installed in it's place.
Does A12 specifically refer to '383 delete' itself or does A12 refer to a specific package where a '383 delete' is part of the package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back