For Sale A12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever see them in action over on Moparts when these 1 of xx come up for sale?
You better have the correct finish on your muffler bearings.
I'd trust Bob Rhinehart for A's and Scott Harm for B's anyday.

yes but it is part of the "game" for some. And these details make the difference in pricing.

A lot of knowledge is required to understand why two relativly similar looking cars, which both seem to be in great shape, have big differences in price

Carsten

The very nature of the A12 cars lent them to modifications early on. Few bought one with the intention of driving it to church.
I had designs of racing mine when bought new, but got involved with a Chrysler sponsored SS team campaigning a Street Hemi 69 Super Bee and had no time to modify the Runner. I kept it 2 1/2 years. When sold the only mods were a set of Anson Sprint slotted wheels and chrome valve covers. It had 27K on the clock.

yes but it is part of the "game" for some. And these details make the difference in pricing
Agreed. It is an obsessive game for some and if they want to have a stroke over a single detail, that's their devil to deal with.
BUT.....
If I came across a 1 of xx car that was for sale and I absolutely wanted to buy it, I would gladly fly in one if these neurotic nuts and verify a car for me. Chump change if you're gambling on a $75k car that could possibly have you ending up looking like one if those "more money than brains" they laugh at in forums.

Years ago I tripped across an RO23 car and these guys put me into a network of experts that had me checking for details that can't be found in literature. Like mom's secret recipe, they always leave out an ingredient or two on purpose.

The RO23 was authentic btw and up to my discovery was unknown by the experts.

I still know where it is, too. :p

Ok I googled it, WHY aren't you buying it.... Google said 55 cars produced is that right?

The RO23 was authentic btw and up to my discovery was unknown by the experts

That would be too much responsibility for me to handle.
Owning one would be too much stress also.
55 is the accepted number, I think 50 were required to make them super stock legal, that was a original plan on the 68 a body S/S cars and they had enough to make over 150 total between the 2 brands.

Last edited:
The very nature of the A12 cars lent them to modifications early on. Few bought one with the intention of driving it to church.
I had designs of racing mine when bought new, but got involved with a Chrysler sponsored SS team campaigning a Street Hemi 69 Super Bee and had no time to modify the Runner. I kept it 2 1/2 years. When sold the only mods were a set of Anson Sprint slotted wheels and chrome valve covers. It had 27K on the clock.
That's a lot of miles in 2.5 years for that time especially with 4:10 gears. I salute you.

That's a lot of miles in 2.5 years for that time especially with 4:10 gears. I salute you.

I took a couple of road trips in that car. Once a friend, whose father was a wholesale car dealer, needed to deliver a 69 Buick Riveria to Amarillo Tx (from Detroit), and asked if I would follow and we could return in the Road Runner. Not as many Interstates even then and a lot of the trip was RT 66. The Runner, with 4:10 gears was no match for the Riviera on the hwy.

I had some cars with 3.91 and 4.10 they got old quick even when speed limit was 55. If I ever get my Barracuda back together I will be back to 4.10s in it but more than a 10-15 miles its on a trailer. Hell I am not even that tolerant of 3.55 on the highway anymore.

If it has a 8.75" axle switching to a 3:23 for road trips isn't a big deal.

It wasn't a bid deal for me when I was 20....PITA now.

Not sure if a Dana 60 was in an automatic or it had to have a Super Trak Pack option ordered to get the Dana.

My Dad told me a Story When he was Golfing in 1969, He would always see this Big Block chevelle and a 383 Super-bee race everday almost. And the Chevelle would always just edge him out. But then The guy with the super bee got A 440-6 Bee and He said that was the end of him losing.

Not sure if a Dana 60 was in an automatic or it had to have a Super Trak Pack option ordered to get the Dana.

67-68 Dana with 3:54 behind 440 and Hemi four speeds. Not avail with automatic.

69-70 A32 Dana with 4:10 and automatic available behind 440 or Hemi. A34 with Dana and 4:10 or A33 with Dana 3:54 and four speed avail with 440 or Hemi.

71 A34 4:10 with Dana behind auto or four speed Hemi or 440.

72 no 4:10 avail. Back to A33 3:54 Dana behind 440 four speeds.

1. What is a RO23 car and 2. WHY aren't you buying it?
2. I was given right of first refusal many years ago when he goes to sell it.
Still waiting.
Unfortunately, in the time since, the value of these cars has doubled. If he finally called me up today, I wouldn't know what to do.

455 miles. ¼ mile at a time...

Last edited:
That would be too much responsibility for me to handle.
Owning one would be too much stress also.
55 is the accepted number, I think 50 were required to make them super stock legal, that was a original plan on the 68 a body S/S cars and they had enough to make over 150 total between the 2 brands.
It's in the exact same shape as it's last race then rolled into the back of the storage building a gazillion years ago. It's not a garage queen so I would drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back