For Sale another original TNT 70 300 convertible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dished wheel is a rimblow as well, but it was used on the tilt-only wheel, and the flat rim blow wheel was used on the tilt & telescope columns.

Given that the heat stove outlet is positioned fairly high, you are probably correct about the manifold being an HP, but the standard 440s also had a the heat stove outlet in almost the same location (just a little lower). I wouldn't be satisfied as to which engine it had unless I saw the VIN and verified the engine number.

I need to correct my statement about the dished wheel on C bodies. All tilt only or all tilt & telescope steering columns used a flat rim blow steering wheel, and the deluxe dished wheel was only used on standard steering columns.

Thanks to ceebuddy for setting me straight.

Last edited:
Is that a rimblow wheel used on non/tilt-tel columns? M7 70 300 had a different rimblow, was flat across the face and emblem was in the center.

The location of the nipple on the driverside manifold does look suggest an HP manifold.

Yours would have been the optional tilt & telescope column then and both the dished style and the flat style were rim blow.

Last edited:
anybody surprised at the winning bid? $6300......perhaps the TNT option made up the difference for needed bodywork?

anybody surprised at the winning bid? $6300......perhaps the TNT option made up the difference for needed bodywork?

seems WAY LOW to me.. wow. seller may have gotten "jacked" -- OR, once again, everybody who is party to the deal is happy with THIS deal, on THIS car, at THIS time.

but still, wow. :)

seems WAY LOW to me.. wow. seller may have gotten "jacked" -- OR, once again, everybody who is party to the deal is happy with THIS deal, on THIS car, at THIS time.

but still, wow. :)
but, didn't you guys decide the body needed major work, at least from what you saw? maybe i misread some things. Or, are we again talking the TNT option "factor?"

VIN is still wrong - should be CM27UOC138232. The seller could have gotten perhaps much more if he had not been so lazy and lacking in needed information. Where is all the trim, was there ever any rust -and if so where and how much, didn't even suggest the miles on the car and not much else either? Even at the selling price, the car is still a roll of the dice for the winner.

Last edited:
but, didn't you guys decide the body needed major work, at least from what you saw? maybe i misread some things. Or, are we again talking the TNT option "factor?"

no sir, not me. i made no comment on this car until today.

$6300, to me, was indicative of something "not right" about this car. i would need, because I cant tell apparently, someone to "school me" on this one :)

U code, Vert, 1970 -- looks pretty good to me? thought it would do better that;s all.

VIN is still wrong - should be CM27UOC138232. The seller could have gotten perhaps much more if he had not been so lazy and lacking in needed information. Where is all the trim, was there ever any rust -and if so where and how much, didn't even suggest the miles on the car and not much else either? Even at the selling price, the car is still a roll of the dice for the winner.

that's right i think. value of information .. coulda been worth something here to the seller.

we might see this one again, with some upgrades/professional marketing, at three X+ the selling price in a few months?

Or,

Somebody who always wanted one, laid eyes/hands on this one, got a pretty good deal. i guess i gotta really study it to see what others are seeing that is not so good about it.

I got my Newport in a similar way. The guy was selling it on eBay but never got a bid higher than $3,500. When I called and talked with him he asked why? I told him his information on the car was all wrong, so people were wondering what else he was lying about? His ad said it was a factory 440 car with leather interior. Wrong!

I think $6300 is about right for that car.
Even at the selling price, the car is still a roll of the dice for the winner.
I concur with that assessment! Someone might find themselves the owner of a TNT convertible that needs another $5000 worth of repairs. I think the tan 70 non-TNT we discussed recently was a better car than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back